Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Angel Without Wings" Chapter 5: Try Outs and Newly Discovered Admiration

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.




Isang linggo din ang binilang ko bago nawala ang fever ko, After one whole week naging ok na ang pakiramdam ko and I'm ready to go to school again. Thanks to Rhianne and Jsimyth for taking care of me when I'm sick. I'm preparing to go to school after a whole week of sick days. Natapos na ako sa pag aayos sa sarili ko at handa na akong pumasok. On the other hand, Rhianne is also preparing herself to go to school. Rhianne is buttoning her uniform in front of a small mirror and she gazes on the mysterious picture which Nikki saw the last time. Gaya ng nakagawian, tinitingnan niya ito bago siya umalis ng apartment at bago siya matulog. "Kung titingnang mabuti, magkamukhang magkamukha sila ni kuya Rey." Nikki said before nung nakita niya ang larawan na iyon. Rhianne remembered what Nikki said and she just ignored it, After some minutes Rhianne is done fixing herself and she's ready to go to school. Rhianne walks towards her door and opened it. Saktong sakto lang din ang paglabas ko kaya halos sabay lang kaming lumabas ng mga kwarto namin at nag ka tinginan pa kami dahil sa sabay kaming lumabas. "Yo! Good morning!" I greeted her. "Good morning." She greeted back while closing her door. "Your hair is sticking up." Sabi niya sakin while locking her door. "Hmm." My reply to her and I began to fix my hair. "Just like the usual." She said to me na parang pinapaalala niya ang pagiging iresponsable ko. After what she said, naglakad na siya palayo sakin at pababa ng apartment. "What?" I asks her but she didn't replied she ignored me instead and she continues to walk away. "This just happens sometimes." I said to her as she walks away. "Tch! What's with her?" I said to myself at sinara ko na rin ang aking pinto at parang nasira ang araw ko sa sinabi niya. Nauna na siyang nakapunta ng school sakin at sumunod naman ako. I arrived at school just in time at hindi ako late. First subject ko ay P.E. naalala ko nanaman ang nangyari sakin last time tinamaan ako ng bola sa mukha ng spike ni Rhianne at nawalan ako ng malay. "Don't be slacking! That way we can all increase each others' energy." Our instructor shouted kasi nakatunganga nanaman kami lalo na ako sa kakaisip kanina sa nangyari kaninang umaga. Kasama ko si Jim ngayon sa P.E. class at partner ko siya sa P.E. test. "Maybe I'll take this P.E. test a little seriously." Pagyayabang ko kay Jim. "Huh? What's the matter with you? Don't you usually brush these things off?" Pagtataka niya sakin. "I get hyped up in situations like this." I replied to him. "Besides, ever since high school, I've always been number one in P.E. tests, mahilig din ako sa sports with the exception of one event." I added to him. "Hmm. And what's that one event?" He asks me again. "That doesn't matter." Sagot ko naman pabalik sa kanya. "Then let's go do the left-right horizontal jumping first." Jim suggested but I stop him the moment he walks. "Subukan natin yung long jump. It's pretty empty there too." Suggestion ko sa kanya pero sa totoo lang gusto ko talagang lapitan si Rhianne at kasama niya si Jsimyth dahil magka-partner sila and they're doing some basic stretching. "Aray, aray, aray, aray." Daing ni Jsimyth habang nag uunat siya ng katawan sa tulong ni Rhianne. "Ah, I see." Jim said and he looked at me with a mischievous smile on his face. Jim started to walk towards Rhianne and Jsimyth's location and he got the wrong idea from me. "Hey, don't get the wrong idea." I said to him na baka kasi kung ano sabihin niya kay Rhianne at Jsimyth. Sumunod na rin ako because I had no choice at baka kung ano pa talaga sabihin niya. "Rhianne, you paired up with Jsiymth? How about the two of us move around with you girls." Jim asks Rhianne and offered them to pair up with us. "I don't mind." Rhianne said. "I'm fine with that, too." Jsimyth replied too. "So they say. Magandan balita, diba, Rey?" Jim said to me ridiculously while signing a thumbs up. "I'm... fine either way." I said to Jim. We headed to the long jump after having some conversation with them. "Well, show us, now, the skills of the number one athlete in high school" Jim said to me. "Eh? Number one athlete in high school?" Jsimyth said to her amazement from what she heard from Jim. "Yeah, it seemed like he was a local hero back home." Jim added. "Right?" Jim said while looking at me and he winked to make sure that I will not gonna react from what he said para na rin mapa impress ko sila Rhianne at Jsimyth. "H-Hero is exaggerating." I said to them. "Stop running your mouth and just show some of your good stuff. You can score some points here." Jim whispered to me. Dahil sa sinabi ni Jim ay medyo kinabahan ako at baka nga mapahiya ako. I stare at Rhianne first before I went to the field and gonna do a long jump. "O-Ok then." I said to them at lumapit na ako sa starting line ng long jump at hinahanda ko na ang sarili ko. "I'll take down your record." Jsimyth said. While I'm preparing Rhianne approaches Jim to ask something. "Jim, talaga bang number one si Rey nung high school?" Tanong ni Rhianne kay Jim. "Yeah, That's what he said, except for one event." Jim answered. "One event?" Rhianne said curiously. "Hmm? He wouldn't say." Jim said. "Hmmm." Rhianne said and she looks at me from afar. "Well, let's just see what we got." Jim said. Ako naman ay hinanda ang sarili at mga ilang segundo ay sinimulan ko nang tumakbo, pagkabuwelo ko ay tumalon ako and I landed safely. "5.45 m. Wow!" Jsimyth said to her amazement to me after measuring my jump. "Ayos! That's a new personal best!" I boasts to myself. I face Rhianne and Jim again to see if they are convinced of what I did. "What do you guys think? Ain't I awesome?" I asks them but Rhianne gave me a face of disappointment from what I did. "Huh?" To my confusion from her expression. "Geez. I was expecting something more when you said you were number one in high school." Rhianne said to her disappointment. "W-What?!" Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya. Rhianne started walking on the starting line to prove something. Tumakbo na siya at tumalon na rin and after that she landed a bit far from my record. "Wow! Rhianne got 7.12 m" Jsimyth said to her amazement too because Rhianne beat my record very easy. "S-Seven?" I said due to embarrassment. "As expected from a volleyball athlete." Jim said and its now his turn. "Seven?" I said to myself disappointingly. "All right! I'm 7 m, too." Jim said boastfully and giggles. "You're good, Jim!" Jsimyth said to Jim. "Not bad at all!" Rhianne added at dahil sa nangyari nalungkot ako ng sobra at nahiya na rin sa sarili ko. We continue on some tests but I can't beat both of them on their records na mas lalong nagpa dismaya sakin kaya sa sumunod na test ay di na ako sumama at naupo na lang ako habang tinitingnan ko sila. "Damn, Rhianne, you're good." Jim said to Rhianne. "You're pretty good, too, Jim. You're full of surprises. You should join some club or team." Rhianne humbly replied Jim to his compliment. "No way. I couldn't do it. This school is full of talented people." Jim replied to Rhianne nung narinig ko yun ay mas lalo akong nalungkot dahil sa loob ko hindi naman talaga ako ganun nag excel kanina sa mga tests. "Aww, what a waste." Rhianne said to Jim. "Siguro sa pagluluto lang talaga ako magaling." I said to my mind habang nagmumuni muni na ako sa may kabilang banda nila. "On the other hand..." Rhiane said and she stares at me again. "*Sigh*" I sighed due to disappointment and humiliation. "Come on, Rey. Cheer up." Jsimyth said to cheer me up but it didn't work at all. "I thought he'd be better since he came to this prestigious school. But he's just normal." Rhianne said to Jim. "But it would've have been a great record in high school." Jim replied to Rhianne. "Rey naman, may iba pang try outs na pede mong subukan malay mo dun mo madiskubre na magaling ka doon." Jsimyth said para naman gumaan ang loob ko. "Hay, there's no hope left." I said to Jsimyth hopelessly after what happened. "Next up is basketball, right? No hope at all." I said to her. "So the sports you were bad at was..." Rhianne said as she and Jim approaches to Me and Jsimyth are. "I was number one in elementary. Then during the second year high school, I was participated in a basketball game at the city tournament. Our school didn't have a basketball team, so we grabbed enough people for an entry." I fully explained to Rhianne. "And how did it go?" Rhianne asks. "I was the small forward, and in the end naging katatawanan kami nun dahil sa laki ng lamang ng kalaban samin." I answered Rhianne honestly. "Since then, I've never played basketball. I came up with excuses just to avoid them until now." I said to Rhianne. "Ganun ba." Rhianne said. "*Sigh* I'll just skip it now." I said to them hopelessly. "Hindi mo pedeng gawin yun! Come on show some effort." Jsimyth said to me. "Oh siya, siya, sige gagawin ko na." Tumayo na ako at dahan dahan umalis sa kinaroroonan nila pabalik ng gymnasium para mag try out sa basketball. "I don't think I can bear watching this anymore." Rhianne said. "Ah, come on. He might pull of the unexpected." Jim said to Rhianne. "Say what you want, but he's up to our team B basketball team kahit di sila masiyado napapasok sa laro magagaling pa rin sila." Rhianne said to Jim. "Hmm, ganun ba tingnan na lang natin. That makes it even more interesting." Jim said. "Ok, maghanda na kayong lahat at susubukan na ang mga galing niyo!" The coach of the basketball team said. "Huh? Alam ba talaga ni Rey ginagawa niya?" Rhianne said to Jim. "Hindi ko rin alam, tingan na lang natin kung ano pede mangyari. He's an idiot." Jim said to Rhianne. 
"Kailangan ko galingan." I said to myself and the game had started sa amin napunta ang bola, Our center teammate got it from the jump ball and he passed it to our other teammate. Pumuwesto na rin ako para kung sakaling ipasa sa akin ay maipapasok ko ang bola. sa puntong iyon ay kinakabahan na ako sa pedeng mangyari at baka magkamali nanaman ako at mapahiya. Grabe! Ang daming pumapasok sa isip ko kailangan mag concentrate sa paglalaro. Habang naka puwesto ako ay tiningnan ko sila Rhianne muna, hindi nagbabago ang facial expression niya at tutok na tutok siya sa panonood sakin kung ano ang gagawin ko. "Do your best, Rey!" Jsimyth shouted and cheered at me. "At this point... I'll just have to give it all I've got." I said to myself habang inaalistuhan ko na ang sarili ko. "Pare eto!" My teammate shouted at me and he passes me the ball. Now I'm holding the ball and someone guards me and I think I can pass onto him. Nagsimula na akong umabante and I started driving the ball papunta sa basket namin. "N-No way." Rhianne said to herslef as she watches me play basketball and she is amazed not because of what I'm doing it's because I reminded her of someone. Rhianne continues to watch me and everything turns slowly while she watches me and she remembered someone while watching me, The mysterious guy na kasama niya dun sa picture na nakita ni Nikki before. I'm driving the ball and I don't have anyone that I can pass the ball. I stopped near the three point line and a varsity player guarded me. I have no choice I'm gonna shoot this ball. I jumped and aims the ball at the basket while my guard jumped also to block me, but when he's gonna block me I already released the ball and shoot it. Rhianne witnessed all of it and my jump shot reminded her of someone he knows a long time ago. Luckily, the ball went straight to the basket and I scored a point and my teammates were so happy of what I did. "Ang galing mo pala pare." My teammate said. "Hindi naman." I replied humbly. The game had ended and we won with a lead of 12 points which made by me. "Wow! Wow!" Jsimyth said cheerfully. "Wow! Not bad for a freshmen like you." A varsity player said. "Is that good?" I asks him. "Damn, you're good!" Another player said at pinaligiran na ako ng mga seniors sa iba't ibang sports team dahil sa nasaksihan nilang performance ko. "We're you in some sport during high school?" A player asks me. "Ah, kasi..." I said to them hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko dahil napapaligiran na ako. "Nakasali ka na ba sa mga team?" Another one asks me. "Dun ka na lang sa tae kwon do team." Another one offered me. "No! These legs are meant for baseball!" Another one said. "See? Wasn't that interesting?" Jim said to Rhianne. "J-Jim, you knew all this time?" Rhianne asks Jim. "Well, whenever we pulled pranks when we were kids, he can avoid all the obstacles in the streets really fast." Jim explained. "Pero, yung sa basketball game nung high school ay..." Rhianne said. "That was probably because of the other four that teamed with him. It seems he was a sub on the baseball team, but this shows he can do it when he needs to." Jim further explained. Dahil na rin sa galak ko tumakbo na ako papunta sa kanila at syempre sumigaw ako sa sobrang tuwa at tinatawag ko na si Rhianne. "Rhianne!" I shouted. "It seems they're saying I'm pretty good or something." I said to her as I rush towards them, because of what happened nabalik yung self esteem ko. "Wow! Rey, Ang galing mo pala maglaro ng basketball!" Jsiymth said to her amazement from what I did. "Siguro." I shyly replied to her praises. "Right, Rhianne?" I smilingly said to Rhianne but she turned her back. "Well, you're good, I guess." She replied to me that made me think na hindi siya ata natuwa sa ginawa ko. "Tara na, Jsiymth. We need to run too." Aya ni Rhianne kay Jismyth and Rhianne started to walk away. "W-Wait." Jsimyth said to follow Her. I don't know what does she mean about that but it made me think that She is not impress of what I did before. "What the... That was an indifferent response." I said to myself due to confusion of her actions. "Nah, you're fine, you're fine. You got a lot of points from that." Jim said para naman mapagaan ang loob ko. "Hindi ko naman ginawa yun para doon." Sabi ko naman sa kanya pag sisinungaling ko pero ang totoo para humanga sakin si Rhianne pero kabaligtaran naman ang nangyari. Sinundan ko ng tingin si Rhianne habang papalayo na silang dalawa samin ni Jim papunta sa Sprint test. Lumipas ang school day na naging kakaiba na ang pakikitungo niya sa akin pagkatapos ang basketball try outs na ipinagtaka ko dahil wala naman akong ginawang mali. "Rhianne." I said in my mind. Kinahapunan, Back at the apartment Rhianne is holding the picture frame with a picture of her and the mysterious guy in her bed. She held it with a blank expression on her face. An hour had passed and it's dinner time saka ko ulit nakita si Rhianne pero ganun pa rin yung pakikitungo niya sakin. Habang kumakain ako ay tinitingnan ako ni Rhianne and she's observing me seriously. Napansin ko yun at tinanong ko siya. "What?" I asks her. Because of that nagulat siya sa tinanong ko. "There something on my face or something?" I asks her again. "W-Wala naman." She replied shyly dahil nahiya siya sa ginawa niya. "Kuya, Narinig ko na nanalo kayo sa basketball laban sa varsity ng school niyo." Nikki said habang papasok siya ng Dining Room at umupo na rin samin para kumain. "That's so cool! I'm a bit impressed now." Nikki added. "Really?" Aunt Marissa asks at umupo na rin siya sa hapag kainan. "Yeah, I heard it from kuya Jim." Nikki answered. "The truth is I'm the one that was shocked the most." I said to them. "Everyone got together around me at the end... That was something." I added. "Hey, was kuya really that good?" Nikki asks Rhianne. "He... was normal." Rhianne replied. "What are you talking about, Rhianne? You could just..." I reacted from what She said. "Thank you for the meal." Rhianne said and began to stand up and leave. Nagulat ako sa ginawa ni Rhianne dahil di siya sumagot sa tanong ko at umalis na lang siya. "What was that?" I asks myself.

The next day, It's a very cloudy day and I think it will rain. Just like always, sabay kaming lumabas ng pintuan namin. "Yo, Rhianne. Good morning." I greeted her. "Good morning." She greeted back while locking her door. "Look, its perfect today, right?" I showed to her my hair kasi naka-ayos na ito at hindi magulo. "Yeah, I guess." Matipid niyang sagot sakin at naglakad na siya pababa ng hagdan para pumasok. "This is strange." I said to myself dahil nagtataka na talaga ako sa mga kinikilos niya. On the other hand, nasa baba na si Rhianne at nakita niyang nagwawalis sa labas si Aunt Marissa. "Magandang umaga, Rhianne." Aunt greeted her. "Good morning din po!" Rhianne greeted her back. "Ayon sa balita, uulan daw ngayon mamayang hapon kaya wag mong kalimutan magdala ng payong." Aunt reminded her."Opo, di ko po siya kinalimutan" Rhianne replied happily as she shows her umbrella to my Aunt. "Sige po, mauuna na po ako." Rhianne said to Aunt to say goodbye to go to school. "Sandali lang, Rhianne!" I said to her habang hinahabol ko siya. "Rey!" Aunt called me pero di ko na yun narinig sa pagmamadali ko. "*sigh* He really is..." Aunt said to her said and she smiled. Nagsimula ang klase namin na di kami nagkikibuan at dahil dito naiintriga na talaga ako sa kanya kung bakit. It's lunch break so I decided to eat on the rooftop at saktong sakto naman na nandoon si Jim para naman may makausap ako. "Rhianne seems weird?" Jim asks me. "Oo eh, titig lang ang tanging ginagawa niya pag nakikita niya ako." My reply to Jim. "She was cold this morning too. Did I do something to make her dislike me?" I added. "You idiot, that's obviously the way a girl in love acts." Jim said to me. "Huh? Anong pinagsasabi mo?" Pagtataka ko sa sinabi niya. "Well, you've taken a peak at someone you liked, right?" Jim said. "W-Well, yeah." I said to him. "Either way, it's hard for a late bloomer like you to understand what it feels to be stared at." Jim said to me. "I'm telling you that you got a lot of points from yesterday's P.E." Jim added. "Even I get scared of how good you were during the basketball tryouts." Jim further explained. Because of what He said I come to the senses na siguro nga may posibilidad na magustuhan nga ako ni Rhianne. "Sa tingin mo ba magugustuhan niya talaga ako dahil lang doon?" Tanong ko kay Jim. "Love happens suddenly. Well, good luck" Jim said to me. "Suddenly, eh?" Sabi ko naman habang nakatitig sa langit at nag iisip. After lunch break ay bumalik na kami sa klase at umulan na rin ng mga oras na yun. "You factor X^3 and Y^3 to find the..." Our instructor is discussing on our math subject when suddenly He saw some of our classmates are not listening. "Nakukuha niyo ba ito? It's important. Listen closely." Our instructor said. Hindi talaga ako nakikinig ng mga sandaling iyon dahil patuloy parin ako sa pag obserba sa mga kinikilos ni Rhianne. "...obviously a girl in love..." I remembered what Jim said to me while observing on Rhianne. Di ko napansin na nakatitig na rin pala siya sakin. Dahil doon ay nagulat ako at napatingin ako sa iba kagaya rin niya na nagulat din at napatingin pabalik sa harapan. Napa-isip ako lalo sa kilos niya kanina "Y-Your kidding me. Si Rhianne may gusto sakin?" I said to myself. Natapos ang klase na gulong gulo pa rin ako, at minalas malas ka na nga at umulan pa dahil nakalimutan kong magdala ng payong. "Pagka-minamalas ka nga naman, I reall can't go home like this. Anung gagawin ko ngayon?" I said to myself habang nakatingin sa labas ng bintana ng school dahil sa sobrang lakas ng ulan pero nung napatingin ako sa dakong kanan ng class room nakita ko si Rhianne na nag aayos ng gamit niya at sakto may payong siya baka pede akong makisabay sa kanya sa pag-uwi. "Hay, I wonder if anyone would share their..." Parinig ko sana pero naputol ito ng may dumating na ka-teammate ni Rhianne. "Rhianne!" Her teammate called her. "Uy! Ana!" Rhianne replied. "We're going for the rain menu for practice today... Weight training time." Ana said. "Then, we'll be at the gym." Rhianne said at umalis na nga sila ng classroom para pumunta sa gym. "Guess not. She's still busy with practice." I said to myself with a sad face dahil hindi nangyari ang plano ko. "Rey." A familiar voice called me from behind, when I turn my back it was Jsimyth who called. "You didn't bring an umbrella, right? If it's alright with you, you want to share mine?" Jsimyth offered me her umbrella para makauwi na rin ako. "Uhm kasi eh..." Sabi ko sa kanya ng pautal-utal. "If you go home wet, you might get sick again." Pag-aalala ni Jsimyth sakin. "Y-Yeah, I've got something to do." Dahilan ko sa kanya dahil gusto kong kausapin si Rhianne. "What's that? I can wait." Jsimyth said to me, nakakahiya naman hihintayin pa niya talaga ako. "It's not that a big deal... I can do it tomorrow, too, but..." Sabi ko sa kanya ng dahan dahan dahil di na ako makahanap ng excuse sa kanya nang biglang. "Mendoza's still as clever as ever. She brought her umbrella" Biglang sulpot ni Jim. "I'm saved, I'm saved." Jim said happily dahil nakita niya ang payong ni Jsimyth, "To tell you the truth. there's a socializing party later, but I forgot my umbrella." Jim explained and He approaches Jsimyth and place his left hand on her shoulder to convince her to walk with her home with her umbrella. "So, yeah, Jsimyth, let me share it until we reach the station. I'd look dumb if I get all wet. Please." Aya ni Jim sa kanya. "But, I'll.." Sabi ni Jsimyth pero wala na rin siyang magagawa kundi samahan si Jim. "Well then, Rey. You've got to let me go with her now." Jim told me while winking to me. "W-Wha" I said to him habang papaalis na silang dalawa dahil sa pagtataka ko. Nang nakaalis na sila nabaling naman ang tingin ko sa gamit ni Rhianne. I felt sad while staring at those. Ilang oras din ang nakalipas at wala pa rin siya. "What in the world am I doing?" I said to myself habang nakalugmok sa aking upuan. "*sigh* How long does she plan on weight training until? She wants to get more fit or what?" I murmured dahil naiinip na rin ako sa paghihintay sa kanya. "She doesn't have to do it; She's fine as she is right now." Sa isip isip ko. Ilang segundo lang ay nagising ako bigla dahil lumilipad nanaman ang isip ko. "What the hell am I thinking?" I said to myself. Tumayo na ako sa aking pagkakaupo at napasigaw ako. "I don't care! I'm going home! Who wants to wait for her!" I shouted inside our classroom at nagsimula na akong maglakad pababa ng school building namin para umuwi.

Nang papalabas na sana ako ay napa-isip ulit ako na pag ginawa ko yun ay di ko na siya makakasabay umuwi at di ko malalaman ang dahilan kung bakit ganun na ang pakikitungo niya sakin. "I'd look more natural if I waited here. Ok, let's practice this a bit." I said to myself habang nagiisip mabuti kung ano ang sasabihin ko sa kanya pagdating niya. "Rhiane! I forgot my umbrella. You mind sharing yours with me? It's fine if you don't want to." I said to myself loudly and because of that some female students heard what I'm saying. "Eww, what's he up to?" The female student said to her classmate. "Maybe he's a stalker." Sagot naman nung isa. "He's the worsts! That's disgusting!" Sagot naman nung isa pabalik at naglakad na sila paalis. "Maybe I should just go home" I said to myslef at nagsimula na ulit ako maglakad palabas ng school building. Instead of going out of the building it made me stopped again because something is stopping me and I don't know why. "No, Just a little bit longer." I said to myself dahil sayang ang pagkakataon na ito para makasama ko si Rhianne. "Rey?" A familiar voice called me from behind at alam ko kung sino yun at nagulat ako. The moment I turn my back, mas nagulat ako dahil si Rhianne nga ito. "Ah, Rhianne." I said to her. "I though you'd gone back already." Pagtataka ni Rhianne dahil hapon na at wala pa rin ako sa bahay. "Ah kasi, hindi ko mabuksan yung locker ko kanina." Palusot ko pero sana maniwala siya. "Pero, bukas na siya ngayon." Sagot naman niya. "Yeah, kabubukas ko lang sa kanya ngayon lang. Thank God!" Palusot ko pa ulit sa kanya at tumawa na rin ako dahil di ko na rin alam kung paniniwalaan pa niya yung sinabi ko. "Rey, you don't have your umbrella, right?" She said to me at nahuli nga niya ako. "You want to share mine with me?" She offered me her umbrella, naunahan na niya ako sa sasabihin ko. "I forgot my umbrella. You mind sharing yours with me? It's fine if you don't want to." Sabi ko sa kanya pero nung narinig ko yung sinabi niya nagulat ako. "Really?" I asks her. "Yeah." She said yes and we went out of the school together under her umbrella in the pouring rain. "Its really a bad weather today, right?" I said to her to break the ice dahil napakatahimik na niya simula nung naglakad kami pauwi. "Yeah." Her reply to me. As we continue to walk along the streets, a strong wind came and almost blew our umbrella good thing I held it so tight so that Rhianne won't get wet. "Ok ka lang ba?" I asks her. "Uhm... Yeah." Her reply to me. Bumalik na ako sa tabi niya para magpatuloy sa paglalakad. "What's with her? Mas lalo siyang lumala ngayon. I can't just rely on what Jim said." I said to myself as we continue to walk. "Its a very strong wind that came to us." I said to her. "Yeah." Her cold reply to me again. While we're walking stops and said something to me. "Uhm... Rey." She said to me. "Huh? Bakit?" I asks her. "Nung try outs, nung naglaro ka ng basketball... Ang galing ng ginawa mo doon." She said to me. "Talaga? I was so cool, didn't I?" I boast to her. "Yeah." She replied coldly again, when suddenly a car running so fast passes us that made Rhianne startled at may tumalsik pang tubig samin and that made her cling to me at napabitaw ako sa payong and her bag fell also on the ground. Her hands we're shaking that moment at nagulat din ako sa ginawa niya. "R-Rhianne..." I said to myself. We've been like that for a few minutes when suddenly a strong wind came again that made Rhianne came back to her senses again. Bumitaw na siya sa pagkakakapit sakin at kinuha niya ang kanyang bag at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad na parang hindi niya ako kasama at di na niya dinala ang kanyang payong at hinayaan na lang ang sarili na mabasa ng ulan. I was left there wet and motionless dahil sa nangyari habang nakatingin ako sa kanya as she continues to walk away from me. "Rhiane..." I said to myself.



-To Be Continued-

No comments:

Post a Comment