Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Angel Without Wings" Chapter 3: The Unexpected Visitor

"Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental."

- "Then, good luck."

- "I know, it sucks to be you... Score one for Rey, best of luck to you buddy. I mean it."

- "No one has ever said anything like that to me, so thanks I guess."


- "I'm falling in love with you Rhianne, but I have no idea how to say it."




The next day, I woke up with knocks on my door. My nose had already healed up and its back to normal after being hit by a ball last time. It's weekends and I have no class so I will be having some household chores today. Because of what I did yesterday night, Aunt punished me by having me clean the whole apartment building. "You should scrub more, It's still dirty there." Nikki said to me while I'm scrubbing the floor of the apartment. "I know, I know" I said to her as I continue to scrub the floor. "Did you call for a delivery for the stove's gas?" She added. "That was the next thing on my to-do list!" I replied to her. "Do me a favor and don't mess up." She said with a bit of worries on her face. "You worry too much." I said to her to make her convince that I won't mess up again. "Then, good luck." Nikki said as she leaves the corridors. "But. Working here doesn't give me much incentives. Aunt sure is strict, I know it's my fault of now knowing that it's not my room that" I said to myself and I continue to scrub the floors. At the school this morning, Rhianne already went to school to have some early morning practice.


The cleaning is done so that I should head back to my room and have some rest. I went upstairs back to my room and when I twist the door knob of my door it's not lock. I opened the door and I saw an unknown guy sitting on my room floor and reading one of my magazines and He is also eating my chips. "Yo! Long time no see." Sumulyap siya sakin at tiningnan niya ako. The moment I saw his face, I recognized him quickly. "Jim!" I said to him. "Long time no see, Its been awhile?" He replied to me. "Yeah! no kidding, what are you doing in here Jim?" I said to him disgustedly. "Looking through these magazines. Your door is unlocked." He said to me which I felt that I'm being mocked. "But that doesn't mean that you can just barge in and lounge." I replied to him and I'm starting to lose my patience. He ignored me and He continued to read my magazines and eat my chips. "And those are my favorite chips your eating!" I added to him and increased my intonation due to being disgust to him. "Back off the attitude man, I thought we were best friends? But I guess not." He said to me as He continues to read and eat reminding me of something. "What? Who said we were best friends?" My reply to what he said. Jim Mercado, born in the city the same age as me, a ladies man, women are more important in him even food. "Dude got any adult magazines around here?" He asked to me. "What do you think? No!" I replied to him. "You little liar." He said to me ridiculously.



-Flashback- When I first met him it is during my very first trip to the city to visit my Aunt. Naligaw ako sa pag-uwi ko noon and I'm just wandering around with my face buried in my sleeves because I'm crying. As I continue to walk the streets I heard a voice behind me. "What's wrong with you?" The voice I heard asked me. When I turned my faced around him He busted out of laughter when He saw me. "Hahaha! Ang panget mo, may uhog sa buong mukha mo." He said to me while making fun at my appearance. "Uhh. Who are you?" Tanong ko sa kanya habang humihikbi ako sa pag iyak. He approached me and he drew from his pocket and offered it to me. "Here, you can have this tissue." He gave me a tissue. "Thanks." I thanked him for giving me that tissue. "He seems to be a good guy" I said to myself. "Come on, Let's go somewhere we can talk more and have a seat. How about the playground?" He said to me and ask me to go to the playground with him. "Follow me." He added. Without saying "yes" to him I followed him and we went to the vacant lot where there is a playground and sit on the swings there. "That is so cool that your Aunt owns an apartment." He said to me while riding on the swing. "Yeah." My reply to him. "Now I know how you can thank me." He said to me while wearing a very mischievous smile. It is after that everything started to go sound. I would come to the city at my Aunt's house to visit once a year. Every time I visit at my Aunt's apartment Jim would always shout outside and calls me, He wants me to go outside and wants to play with him. "Hey! Rey! Time to come out and play." He yelled outside of the apartment. "He's back again?" I said to myself when I heard his voice. I went downstairs and went outside to see him. "Saan naman tayo pupunta ngayon?" Tanong ko sa kanya na medyo pinaparamdam ko na rin sa kanya na ayoko sumama sa kanya. "Wala naman, syempre maglalaro tayo. May pupuntahan tayo ngayon sa magandang lugar." Sabi niya sakin na ipinagtaka ko. "Saan naman?" Tanong ko sa kanya. "Basta, Sumunod ka na lang." Sabi niya sakin tapos hinila na niya ako papunta doon sa gusto niyang puntahan. When we arrived, I looked around the place and It's a private resort somewhere a couple of blocks away from the apartment. "Dito tayo." Turo niya sakin sa isang maliit na parang lagusan. "Let's sneak here and find the secret spot, It's showtime." He whispered to me as he peep on the little opening on the wall. "What are we doing here?" I asked him. "Here have a look." He replied to me silently and let me have a peek on the opening. When I look on it I was so shocked of what I've saw. There are girls that are changing their clothes to their bathing suits. I moved backward from what I've saw and I blushed from it. "Jim we should not be doing this. We could get in trouble" I said to him with a bit of worries to my face. "Don't worry too much, I have everything under control." He assured me while he continues to peek at the hole. "Oh I can see everything from here. Wait I have an idea." He stopped on peeking on the hole and he went to the dressing room door, I followed him there and I don't know what he'll do next. "Watch me. Were gonna do something different this time." He said to me as he slowly opens the door of the dressing room. He suddenly opens the door and run inside the room and cried. "Huh?" I said to myself as he entered the dressing room. All the girls inside are startled from Jim's intrusion inside the dressing room. Jim cried while entering the dressing room. "Help me. He keeps on picking on me." He snobs on the girls inside. "I tried to tell him that it's not good to peek in the dressing room but He punched me and pushed me here inside." He added as He continue to sob and cry. "Huh?! What?!" My surprise from what he said. "You poor thing." One of the girl inside pitied him and gave him a hug, And the other girls approached him and gave him a hug also. Even as a kid, He knew exactly how to push the girls button, Alam niya kung paano makukuha ang puso ng mga babae kaya hindi na ako magtataka na marami nag kakagusto sa kanya ngayon. While being hugged by the girls, pa-simpleng sumenyas sakin ng thumbs up si Jim at may kasama pang ngiting nakaka-inis. Because of what happened, the girls grabbed me and asked me where do I live and they will tell to my parents what I'm doing. "Rey! How could you?" Sabi sakin ni Aunt habang pinapagalitan niya ako. "But, I didn't do it." Katwiran ko kay Aunt. I've been with Jim's mischief all the time and I'm always being the one to take the heat. -End of flashback-



"So your still bouncing around with no girlfriend?" Jim asked me and that made me come to my senses again while I'm remembering my childhood memories with him. "People are gonna start talking you big dork." Pang aalaska niya sakin dahil alam niya na wala pa akong girlfriend. "Nah, Leave me alone." My reply for his mockery. "Don't sweat it though I'll be checking you out kasi sa iisang school lang tayo papasok." He said to me while he continues to eat my chips. "Nikki has been keeping me up to date. She's a cool girl" He said to me. "Stay away from Nikki that's where I draw the line." I said to him assertively. "Chill out already." He replied while still reading my magazine and eat my favorite chips. "I dig the older women, If you ask me maturity is sexier than anything else. And I gotta tell you bro your Aunt Marissa is quite the bombshell." He said to me with a mischievous smile on his face. Naubos na rin ang pasensya ko sa kanya at tinulak ko na siya palabas ng kuwarto ko. "I don't care! Now get the hell out! I mean it." I said to him habang tulak tulak ko siya palabas ng pinto. "Now you don't have to be so rude." He replied to me na medyo nainis siya sa ginawa ko, nang biglang mapansin niya ang katabing kwarto ko. Room 312 - Rhianne Cruz; Nabasa niya yun sa gilid ng pintuan ng katabi kong kwarto. "I always like the name Rhianne. It's sweet!" He said to me as he observed the room plate. "So is she a looker or what?" He asked me. "No not even close. She's gotta be a fifty or sixty years old." I answered him. "Oh really? Living here?" He asked me more. "Oh yeah! She's fat, ugly, and got a nasty attitude." I said to Jim so that he will gonna have a misinterpreted impression on her. Hindi ko alam na nandun na pala siya sa likod namin when suddenly I heard a very familiar voice from our backs. "I'm so sorry." The voice said. "Huh?!" My surprise from the voice and I turned to face the voice, it's Rhianne!. "I'm sorry for being fat, ugly with a bad attitude." Rhianne replied from what I said from Jim. "No... That's Not... It..." Pautal utal kong pagpapaliwanag sa kanya dahil sa mga nasabi ko sa kanya pero di niya ako pinansin at naglakad siya papunta sa kanyang kwarto at nilampasan kaming dalawa. "You creep!" sabi niya samin sabay balibag ng pinto pasara sa kanyang kwarto. Pumasok siya sa kanyang kwarto na yun lang ang sinabi. "Anu ba yan," Sabi ko sa sarili ko at napahiya ako sa sinabi niya. Habang si Jim naman ay parang may napansin sa mga naging reaksyon ko sa sinabi ni Rhianne na parang alam na niya kung ano yung nangyayari. "Paano dude, aalis na ako." sabi sakin ni Jim at bumaba na siya ng hagdanan paalis ng apartment. Ako naman ay bumalik sa aking kwarto at nagpahinga. "Hay." I sighed and wait for lunch time.


Lunch time came and It's time to go to Aunt's kitchen to eat. I went downstairs and enter Aunt's house. The foods are already served and all I need to do is to sit and eat. "Kuya Rey gandang tanghali! Kain tayo." Alok sakin ni Nikki na nakaupo na sa dining table. "Sige salamat at nagugutom na rin kasi ako eh." Sagot ko naman sa kanya at umupo na ako. "May hinihintay pa ba tayo?" Tanong ko kay Nikki. "Opo kuya may hinihintay pa tayo. Si ate Rhianne po." Sagot niya sakin. "Ah talaga, hintayin na lang natin tapos sabay sabay tayo kumain." Sagot ko naman. "Sige po kuya hintayin natin si ate." Sabi naman niya. Naghintay kami ni Nikki sa hapag, ilang minuto lang ay may narinig ako na mga boses na nag uusap malapit sa pintuan. Si Aunt Marissa yun at si Rhianne nag-uusap."Salamat Rhianne sa pag kuha mo sa mga newspapers ngayong umaga." Pagpapasalamat ni Aunt Marissa kay Rhianne. "Wala po yun Landlady." Sagot naman ni Rhianne. "Halika para naman mapasalamatan pa kita lalo dito ka na rin mananghalian at saluhan mo kami." Aunt said while smiling. "Ah... eh... Nakakahiya naman po sa inyo Landlady." Rhianne replied shyly. "Bakit naman? Wag ka na mahiya, halika." Aunt said convincing Rhianne. "Ok po Landlady salamat sa alok niyo dito na lang po ako kakain." Rhianne answered happily and entered the room. When she went to the dining room, she saw Nikki and said hi to her. "Hi Nikki!" Rhianne said. "Hello ate Rhianne! Halika po kain tayo." Alok ni Nikki kay Rhianne. "Sige salamat." She replied. "Rhianne kain tayo." Alok ko sa kanya, but instead of saying thanks she just ignored me and have a seat and her facial expression changed. Medyo naka simangot ang mukha niya nung nakita niya ako, at ang masaklap pa nito ay magkatapat pa kami sa mesa at katabi niya ang pinsan kong si Nikki. "Ahm Rhianne, can you pass the soy sauce?" I asked her to pass the soy sauce. instead of getting it and passing it to me, she continued to eat. "Err... Its right there on your left." I said to her but she continues to eat again. Bigla na lang niya kinuha ang soy sauce at pabalibag niyang binaba malapit sakin na kinagulat ko. "Gee, Thanks." I said to him na medyo napikon ako sa ginawa niya. "What's wrong with you two?" Nikki asks. "It's because I'm fat, ugly and have a bad attitude and that's probably what your sensing." Rhianne replied disgustedly. "Kuya! What have you done this time?" Nikki asks me. "What? I did nothing. Rhianne I didn't mean it." I said to them. "Rey I have some shopping to do tomorrow but I think I can't because I have something else to go after lunch. Can you get me some shopping done?" Aunt said on the kitchen. "I can't Auntie I have some important things to do on school." Palusot ko dahil tinatamad talaga ako umalis. "Landlady ako na lang po bibili ng pinabibili niyo kasi may mga bibilihin kasi ako bukas eh." Rhianne volunteered. "Ok Rhianne, salamat wala ka ba kasama?" Aunt asked. "Wala po Landlady." She replied. "Ganun ba, ok sige. Rey samahan mo si Rhianne sa pagbili ng mga pinabibili ko bukas." Aunt said to me. "Ok po Aunt." My reply. Pero pagkakataon ko na rin ito para makasama ko si Rhianne na dalawa lang kami. After eating lunch, We went back to our rooms and done some things to do. The day had ended with us not talking to each other because of what happened that morning.

The next day, I woke up sa mga katok sa pintuan ko. bumangon ako para labasin ang kumakatok. Si Rhianne ang nakaharap ko doon, medyo nag pupungas pungas pa ako ng mata dahil sa antok. "Rey aalis tayo ngayon, dahil bibili tayo ng pinabibili ni Landlady." Sabi sakin ni Rhianne na halatang nagmamadali pero nakita ko ang ayos niya at napakaganda niyang tingnan sa ayos niya. "Oo na hintayin mo na lang muna ako saglit lang ito." Sabi ko sa kanya na medyo antok at papungas sa mata. Rhianne stares at me with a bit of an angry expression on her face nang biglang mapansin niyang wala akong suot na pants at boxer shorts lang ito. "At least naman magsuot ka ng pantalon!" Sabi niya sakin sabay talikod dala ng hiya. "Ok susunod na ako, hintayin mo ako." Sabi ko dala na rin ng antok. Pumasok na ako sa aking kwarto at naligo at nagbihis na rin. After a minute ay lumabas na rin ako para puntahan si Rhianne. "Ang tagal mo naman." Rhianne said to me dala na rin ng inip. Nagsimula na kami maglakad papunta sa mall para bumili ng mga kailangan ni Aunt at mga bibilhin na rin ni Rhianne. "Parang date na rin ito ah?" I said to myself while we were walking. "Hindi ba masyadong maaga ngayong oras para sermonan mo ako?" I said to her while walking with her. "I wouldn't have to nag if you weren't sloppy." She replied and she continues to nag at me. "Sorry for the inconvenience." My reply to her. Habang naglalakad kami sa plaza ay nagandahan ako dito. Iba't ibang tao ang makikita mo dito na dumadaan. Sadyang napaka laki nga ng siyudad na ito. "It doesn't look like very much has changed here in downtown. Manila is exactly as I remembered as a kid." I said to her while observing around downtown. "Well it's just too crowded here for my taste so I don't care for it." Her awkward reply to me. "Well right." Sabi ko sa kanya na sa tingin ko ay parang hindi niya nagustuhan ang sinabi ko. "I just want to buy something for the landlady and for myself and get out of here." Rhianne added. At last, we have arrived at the mall. "Let's go and buy the landlady's shopping list." She immediately went inside the department of the mall and look for something and she went to look for bedsheets. "Huh? Bed sheets?" I ridiculously asks Rhianne. "Yeah, your aunt wanted me to pick one up for her." She explained to me. "Why not grab one of these from the sale bin? We've got a whole list of things to get so anyone would be fine." I recommended her to get one from the sale bin. "We can't just grab the first thing we see!" Katwiran niya sakin na medyo galit siya. "Huh? What?" Pagtataka ko. "You just don't think sometimes you could try to be more considerate you know." Pangangatwiran niya. "Who cares which sheet you buy, as if naman ikaw ang gagamit nun diba?" Sagot ko naman sa kanya. Our arguments made a commotion inside the department and the people around us are now starting to stare at us and giggling. "It's for my landlady and your Aunt, just pretend that you care alright?" Katwiran ulit ni Rhianne. "Man this is weak. Shopping with a woman is about as much fun as standing in line at a bank, but as twice as bad with Rhianne since she has her perfectionist streak from mile wide. And this is what picking out a bedsheets is like? I'm dread what the day holds for me." I said to myself as I continue to observe and wait for her to choose the right sheets for my Aunt. "Hmm... Here?" She asks and let me look at the bedsheets she's holding. "Oh that's perfect! Beautiful color." My reply to her. "You don't sound like you mean it!" Sagot niya at binalik niya yung bedsheets na kinuha niya. "*Sigh* I just wanna get home before dinner" I said to myself. After some minutes she finally made a decision at nakapili na siya ng bedsheets para kay Aunt binili na namin agad yun para di na magbago isip niya at lumabas na kami ng mall pagkatapos namin bumili ng mga groceries makalipas ang tatlong oras. "We've been shopping here for three hours and I realized something, you're not a perfectionist like I thought you were you were just very indecisive." I said to her while we we're walking on the downtown streets. "I just wanna make sure that I'm gonna spend my money on the right things." Her answer to me. "Oh for sure." Payamot kong pagsagot sa kanya. "Anyway I'm ready to go home now, all the buzz on the city is making me nervous." She said to me na parang sinasabi niya na rin na ayaw niya sa siyudad na ito. Dahil sa narinig ko ay huminto ako sa paglalakad. "Would you give it up? This city is a cool place even if you don't admit it." I said to him assertively. Napahinto siya sa narinig nyang yun at lumingon siya sakin pabalik na may kasamang masungit na ekspresyon sa kanyang mukha. "May karapatan ako na sabihin kung ano yung nararamdaman ko." Sagot niya sakin sa sinabi ko sa kanya. "Hindi mo lang nabibigyan ng pagkakataon ang lugar na ito. How about we have lunch my treat. I know a place, one bite and you'll love Manila." I said to him para mapatunayan ko sa kanya kung gaano kaganda ang siyudad na ito. So we went to the place na sinasabi ko pero hindi ako sigurado kung nandun na yun sa tagal kong di nakakapunta ng siyudad ulit. Lakad dito lakad doon, naghanap ng mas madaling madadaanan at sa tingin ko ay di masyadong komportable si Rhianne sa dinadaanan namin. "Why are you dragging me in this stinky alley?" Rhianne asks me as we continue to walk the alley for a shortcut. "It's a shortcut just keep up." I replied to her. "This doesn't improve my opinion." She said. "Here we are this is the best food I ever had." Sabi ko sa kanya habang papalapit kami sa lugar na sinasabi ko pero habang papalapit kami ay parang nag iiba na nag itsura nito na di katulad ng dati. Nung nasa tapat na kami mismo doon ko nakita na nag iba na pala ito at wala na yung sinasabi kong kainan at napalitan ito ng; Pink Angel Cabaret. "Pink Angel Cabaret?" I said. "Hmp! So this is your favorite place. Wow It's really nice." Paghihinala sakin ni Rhianne. "Man! Why they're close? This was a great restaurant." I said to her na may kasamang panghihinayang. Nang biglang napako ang tingin ko sa isang sign board ng cabaret at nakita ko ang isang larawan ng babae na may pangalang; Rhianne. "What are you looking at?" She asks me nang biglang may tiningnan ako sa signboard. "They got a girl here named Rhianne, It's not you. Is it?" Sagot ko sa kanya at pagtanong na rin sa nakita ko sa sign board. "Huh! Have you gone insane? I'm going home." She said to me while blushing because of the embarrassment of what I've said and she began to walk away from me. "No wait! We can find a place nearby" Sabi ko sa kanya. "No!" Sagot niya pabalik na halatang inis na. She started to run away from me so that I can't get near her. "Stop Running." Tumakbo na rin ako para sundan siya. "Well stop following me." She said to me. "I promise I'll get it right this time. I won't take you to any cabaret." Tuloy pa rin ang paghabol ko sa kanya at ang bilis niyang tumakbo, kasi naman athlete siya sa school namin nang biglang makakita kami ng mini fence para sa construction at tinalon niya ito. Yun ulit nanaman, ang naramdaman ko nung una ko siyang makita nang tumalon siya at mag perform ng spike sa volleyball sa gymnasium namin. "Awesome." I said to myself in amazement when I saw her jump. Natalon niya ang mini fence at tumakbo pa rin siya palayo. Pero dahil lumipad nanaman ang isip ko ay di ko natalunan ang mini fence at nabangga ako dun. Natumba ako at lahat ng pinamili namin ay kumalat sa sahig. I stumbled on the fence and fell on the streets. Nung narinig ni Rhianne ang pagbagsak ko ay saka na siya huminto at tiningnan ako kung ano nangyari sakin. "Ugh." Pagbagsak ko dahil sa sakit. Ang daming tao nakakita nun at hiyang hiya talaga ako. "Sayang naman tong pinamili ko." Sabi ni Rhianne nang pulutin niya ang isang pirasong mansanas na may panghihinayang. Mas naawa pa siya sa mansanas kesa sa nangyari sakin. Bumangon ako agad at pinulot ang mga pinamili namin at nagmadali na kaming umalis sa lugar na yun. "You've got to be the most clumsy, and loud mouth know it all ever." Panenermon nanaman niya sakin habang naglalakad kami. "You get me to give in and every place you drag me to is closed. You know less about this city than I do." Dagdag pa niya. "And seriously, Hindi naman magsasara ang mga restaurant na sinasabi mo kung talagang masasarap mga luto nila." She said to me frankly. Habang nagsesermon siya ay nakita ko yung convenience store na palagi kong binibilihan ng kariman dati at natuwa ako dahil bukas pa yun. "Oh!" I said when I saw the store and I stopped from walking. "Why are you stopping?" She asks me. "Just give me two seconds, ok?" Sabi ko sa kanya at nagsimula na ako tumakbo palayo sa kanya para bumili doon. "Don't leave me on the streets." Sabi niya sakin. "Don't worry babalik agad ako." Sabi ko naman sa kanya at bumili na ako ng makakain namin.

Habang papunta na ako sa bibilihan ko. Natuon ang atensyon ni Rhianne sa katapat nun na kapilya. "A chapel." She said to herself habang nakatingin pa rin sa kapilya. "How something this nice doing here?" She asks herself nang lumapit siya ng konti sa pasukan. "It's so nice and peaceful, I can smell the earth and leaves." She describes the feeling on the shrine. "Sorry thanks for waiting for me." Sabi ko kay Rhianne dahil nakabalik na ako sa pagbili ko ng kakainin namin. "Saan ka nanggaling?" Tanong niya sakin ng malumanay. "Around the corner. What do you say we take a walk and enter the chapel?" Sagot ko sa kanya at inaya ko siya pumunta sa kapilya, and so we walk and enter the shrine and it didn't changed even a single bit. Ganun pa rin ang itsura ng kapilya gaya ng pagkaka tanda ko nung bata pa ako. Nung nandun na kami sa kapilya ay pumunta kami sa may gilid at nilapitan namin ang isang mini groto at andun ang rebulto ng isang santo, siya ang Patron para dumating ang suwerte. Nang makalapit na kami ay nagsimula na akong magdasal doon at si Rhianne naman ay inobserbahan ako sa pagdadasal ko. "Your praying for success?" She asks me. "Well, that was this chapel is supposed to help with. So yeah, Why don't you give it a shot maybe it can help you have a good record on your volleyball games and be famous." I answered him calmly. "I don't believe in that kind of stuff." She replied to me. "You keep talking like that and you'll be punished." Sabi ko naman sa kanya. "I have no idea you were religious. You came all the way here so that you could pray?" She said to me. "Yeah, sort of." I answered him. "Ganito palagi ginagawa ko everytime that I visit this church." I said to her habang paupo ako sa isang stone bench doon. "Pagkatapos ko naman magdasal ay kakain naman ako." At kinuha ko na yung kariman na binili ko kani-kanina lang. "Ganun ba. Hindi ka ba nahuhuli pag ginagawa mo yan?" Rhianned replied. "I love to pray and eat here. Pero hindi pa naman ako nahuhuli dito pag kumakain ako" I said to her happily. Kinagatan ko na yung kariman na binili ko at ganun pa rin, wala pa ring pagbabago ang sarap ng lasa ng pagkain nito. "Here you should try this out." I offered her one. "What's that?" She asks. "Its potato and chicken kariman. Its tastes good and that convenience store is the only one who sells this and It's the manager's favorite. That's why they don't stop selling these." I proudly replied to him dahil nabawi ko na yung mga kahihiyan na ginawa ko sa kanya kanina. "Ahm thanks." Rhianne replied to my offered at kinuha niya ang kariman na binigay ko at umupo siya sa tabi ko. Binuksan niya ang balot ng kariman at inamoy niya muna ito at saka tinikman. After a minute nagkaroon siya ng reaction and I think she liked the kariman on the first taste. "Huh? It tastes good!" She said to herself pero narinig ko yun. "Sabi ko na nga ba magugustuhan mo ang lasa." Sabi ko sa kanya na may kasamang pagmamalaki. "Hindi. Kaya lang naman masarap to its because of the ambiance and atmosphere here." Katwiran at pagsisinungaling ni Rhianne. "Hehehe. I don't believe you." Sabi ko sa kanya at natapos ko na kainin ang kinakain ko at itatapon ko na yung wrapper ng pigilan ako ni Rhianne. "Wag ka magkalat dito." Sabi niya sakin. "Ok. Sorry" I replied to her. At nilagay ni Rhianne sa plastic bag yung wrapper. "Come to think of it." She said to me at napalingon ako. "Huh?" I said to her. "The reason why I hate the city ay dahil sa mga ganito." She explained. "Sa totoo lang ayoko talaga pumasok sa sports. They insisted that I should join a club dahil sa potential ko nung nakita ako ng mga sporting scouts kaya ayun nakapag enroll ako sa school na yun" She further explained. "Kaya yun ang dahilan kaya naiinis ako sa siyudad na ito. I want a simple college life at gusto ko lang makatapos. Ikaw saan ka nga pala nanggaling at mas naisipan mo na dito na lang mag aral?" She added and asks. "Kasi gusto ko naman ng bago, for a changed. isang province ang sa amin at para naman maiba ang kapaligiran ay dito ako nag enroll." I explained to him seriously. "Pero iresponsable ka pa rin." She said to me with a smile. I was amazed of her angelic smile. "Pero dahil sa aking iresponsableng roommate pinatunayan niya sakin kung gaano kaganda ang siyudad na ito." Sabi niya sakin sabay tayo niya at lakad ng ilang hakbang. "My conclusion is, I'm starting to like this place." Bigla niyang harap sakin at pag ngiti. Pag ngiti pa lang niya noon ay parang katulad ng una kong pagkakita sa kanya. Bumagal ang lahat ng nasa paligid ko. Kasabay noon ay ang pag ihip ng malumanay na hangin na nag padagdag pa lalo sa kanyang kagandahan. "Tara na, umuwi na tayo at baka abutan pa tayo ng dilim." Aya niya sakin at sumunod na ako sa kanya pabalik sa apartment. Habang naglalakad na kami pabalik ay di namin napansin dalawa ang paglabas din ng chapel ni Jsimyth at nakita niya kaming dalawa ni Rhianne na palabas na ng kapilya. Magdadapit hapon na noon naglalakad pa rin kami pabalik ni Rhianne nang biglang may natanong siya sa akin. "Ahm Rey." She called me. "Hmm?" My reply to him while we were walking the streets. "Ano nga pala yung pinagdasal mo nung nasa kapilya tayo?" Tanong niya sakin and I think she is curious of what did I prayed on the chapel. "Hmm... That I would have a stroke of good luck for a change." My answer to her question. "What? But Rey, why would you wish for something generic?" Her question again to my answer. "Who cares? It's nothing wrong to have no specific goals. People aren't blessed with self awareness like you are." I said to her. "Hehehe with that attitude no success or prayer would help." She said to me as we continue to walk home. When we arrive at home we gave Aunt's groceries and help him to cook dinner. The dinner is served at nagdatingan na ang mga bisita. Mga kapitbahay namin sa appartment din ang imbitado, Si Rhianne, Nikki, Janna, Myra and Me. Habang paupo na kami sa mga upuan namin ay merong biglang kumatok sa pintuan at pinagbuksan ito ni Aunt. "Oh andito ka na pala tuloy ka." Aunt said. "Maraming salamat po sa pag imbita sakin sa hapunan." The voice on the door said at medyo familiar nga sakin to. "Magandang gabi sa inyo." Dagdag pa niya. Nang tingnan ko kung sino ito nakita ko si Jim. "Congratulations Rhianne and Rey." Aunt said. "Thank you for this Landlandy." Rhianne said. "Wala po yun Aunt." I said to Aunt. "Thanks for having me here Mrs. Marissa." Biglang pag singit ni Jim. "What on earth are you doing here?" I asks Jim. "The three of you are going on the same college school kaya this calls for a celebration." Aunt said. "That's what I said." Jim added. "It's so cute that your starting college. I remembered my innocent days like it was just yesterday." Myra said. "Hindi ako makapaniwala na meron kang ganung panahon." Janna replied from what Myra said. "What do you think I am?" Tanong ni Myra kay Janna. "What are you two doing here anyway?" Pagtatary ni Nikki sa dalawa. "We just want to offer our regards." Janna explained. "The more people the better that's what I say." Myra added. "The only reason your here is to get a free meal off from my mother." Anas ni Nikki. "I made plenty of food so that I will go a long way. You can have as much as you want." Aunt said. "So let's it." Aya ni Jim. "Let's eat!" We said to together and we start to eat our dinner. "I gotta say, this is the best home cooking ever. Pede ka maging isang magaling na chef." Jim said praising Aunt Marissa. "Thanks! Your always welcome to dinner you know that." Aunt said happily sa narinig niyang papuri kay Jim. Ako naman ay parang nainis sa sinabi niya kasi parang binobola niya ang Aunt ko para makalibre siya ng pagkain lagi. "I might take you up on that." Jim said. "Yeah. I'll bet." Sagot ko naman na may halong onting inis. "How stupid of me I left the wine behind." Myra said. "I got you covered." Sabi bigla ni Jim kay Myra. "Aren't you just on top of everything?" Myra praised Jim happily. "The red wine to match the color of your velvet lips." Jim said to Myra na alam ko na pambobola lang niya. "What a showoff." I murmured. "Myra maybe you should not to drink too much tonight." Janna reminded Myra. "So Janna, Am I mistaking or are you a grad school student? Than you must be smart? Then you can find some time on your schedule to tutor me sometimes?" Jim said. "I'm verry happy to help." Janna said shyly and she blushed from what Jim said. "What is going on here?" I said to myself na halatang naiirita na ako sa nangyayari ngayon, "You always brighten up the room, Jim." Aunt said. "He acts like a dead light bulb." I said to them. "You might wanna stop talking now." Pagtatanggol ni Nikki kay Jim. "I like cheerful people." Biglang singit ni Rhianne sa usapan at nakangiti siya ngayon na nakaharap sakin. "Hmm?" Pagtataka ko sa kanya. "I think that's enough fun for one night boys and girls. Thanks for everything." Aunt said. "I don't wanna go home let's have a post party." Myra said na halatang lasing na sa nainom na wine. "Good idea." pag sang-ayon ni Jim. "How about you Rey?" Tanong sa akin ni Janna. "No thanks but I'll have to pass." Pag tanggi ko sa alok ni Janna. Dinner is done at pinasama ako ni Jim sa labas para may puntahan na babae at naglakad na kami sa kalye. "Napapagod na ako, bakit mo ako sinama pa dito?" Tanong ko sa kanya. "Because my new friend Greta would very much like a box of light crackers." Jim explained. "I don't get it. You would do anything a girl asks you to." I said to him. "Or maybe you should be taking notes." He said to me. "Seriously?" I asks him ridiculously. "The thing you pulled just to get girls to like you amazes me." I said to him. "Come on man. Hindi ko naman sasabihin yun if I didn't mean it. Well anyway, name me a girl who doesn't like some flattering?" Sabi niya sakin. "I wonder if some kind words will work on Rhianne?" I said to my mind. "So get a girl pair already and give a girl a compliment." He said to me. "Ugh. No man, I can't do that?" Sabi ko sa kanya na may kasamang pagdududa sa sarili ko dahil sa totoo lang ay hindi ko pa nagagawang magsabi ng mga katulad ng mga nasasabi ni Jim sa mga babae. "I know, it sucks to be you." Sabi niya sakin habang patuloy pa rin kami sa paglalakad. "What? Whatever." I said to him at nagpatuloy pa kami sa paglalakad. "That Rhianne is one fine looking young lady." Jim said. "Huh?" Pagtataka ko. "So why'd you tell me she was fat and ugly? Is there a reason that you didn't tell your good friend the truth about her." He asks me. "No. Hindi pa yan pumasok sa isipan ko." I said to him as we continue to walk along the streets."Well, good then." He said to me. "That means I can asks her out. I always had a thing on athletes lalo na pag naglalaro ng volleyball." Sabi niya sakin. "Since when? She would never go out with you? You're nowhere near her type." Sabi ko naman sa kanya. "Oh yeah? Well, let's find out." Pagyayabang niya sa akin. Napako ang tingin namin ni Jim sa kabilang kalye at nakita namin si Rhianne na patakbo papunta sa amin. "Yo! Rhianne." Tawag bigla ni Jim kay Rhianne sa malayo. "Akala ko ba may pupuntahan pa kayo na after party?" Tanong sa amin ni Rhiane. "We are, We are just on a snack run. How about you? Isn't it kinda late to be running?" Sabi naman ni Jim. "I know pero naka miss ako ng mga ilang milya kaninang umaga kaya kailangan ko bawiin yun." Rhianne said. "Wow, you really are dedicated. I really respect that but you shouldn't be out here all alone. Let me walk you home ok?" Alok ni Jim kay Rhianne. "You... Sure?" Tanong naman ni Rhianne sabay akbay ni Jim sa balikat niya. Sa ganong pagkakataon ay medyo nakaramdam ako ng selos pero hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin. " No I insist." Jim said. "Hey! What about the snacks we were getting?" Paalala ko kay Jim. "I think you can handle it?" Sagot naman ni Jim na may kasamang kindat pa sa akin. "Huh?" Gulat ko sa sagot niya. "Come on man, help a brother out." Bulong niya sakin. I've reacted from what he said and I became annoyed and jealous. "No way! I'm walking Rhianne back home." I said to Jim. "Huh?" Pagkagulat ni Rhianne. I hold Rhianne's arm and drag her to walk home. "Let go of me I'm not a dog. Rey!" Sabi ni Rhianne na medyo nainis sa ginawa ko dahil hinihila ko siya. "Score one to Rey, best of luck to you buddy. I mean it." Sabi ni Jim sa sarili niya at nagpatuloy na siyang lumakad on the opposite direction. Samantala, kaming dalawa naman ni Rhianne ay naglalakad na rin pauwi pero hawak hawak ko pa rin ang kanyang braso. "You can let go of me now, I'm losing circulation. What is your problem?" Tanong sakin ni Rhianne. Bigla siyang pumiglas sakin at nahinto kami sa paglalakad and I gave Rhianne a serious facial expression. "It's... It's nothing." I answered her. "I know, it sucks to be you." Mga katagang naalala ko sa sinabi ni Jim dahil sa mga nangyayari sakin ngayon. "I'm not gonna miss my chance, I can do this." I said to myself. "You know what Rhianne." I said to Rhianne. "What?" Rhianne asks. "I was looking at your ears earlier, and you know I think they're really nice." I answered her blankly na sa tingin ko ay mali. "Huh?" She said to me. "I mean they are perfectly symmetrical and they are mounted on the perfect spot on your head." I added. "Are you having some kind of seizure?" Rhianne said ridiculously. "What seizure? No I'm trying to give you a compliment but your not being nice at all!" Sabi ko sa kanya sa inis dahil sa tingin ko ay di niya appreciated ang sinabi ko sa kanya. "Well, maybe that's because I'm an ugly, fat, old woman with a nasty attitude." Sabi niya sakin. "You're still stuck on that? Get over it! " Sabi ko naman sa kanya. We are starting to argue again. "I know worse than someone who spread those lies in the first place." She said to me. "Your right, I'm sorry. Please forgive me." I apologized to her. "This is so freaking humiliating." I said to myself. "*Sigh* You look so cool when your out there playing volleyball, but the second you open your mouth." I said to her. "What? Did you just tell me that you think I'm cool?" Pagkagulat ni Rhianne sa sinabi ko. "Yeah, I was fascinated by the moment when I first saw you." My reply to her. "No one has ever said anything like that to me, so thanks I guess." She said to me shyly and she's blushing. Nagulat ako sa sinabi niya dahil di ko inaakala na di siya magagalit. Nilingon ko siya at tiningnan ko siya. "But that just because, well what do you know? You never seen anyone play volleyball before." She said to me and she's already smiling at me. "You might just be right about that, but I'm a pretty good judge of what it looks good and what doesn't." I said to her. "*chuckles* You are, because to be honest with you parang hindi mo na tutuon ang buong atensyon mo sa isang bagay." She said to me and she chuckles again. "Trust me I know what I'm saying. You look great out there, Beautiful." I said to her. She chuckles again from what I said to her. Naglakad na ulit kami and this time sabay na mga hakbang namin sa paglalakad at Naalala ko ulit yung first time na nakita ko siya na naglalaro ng volleyball. "That feeling." I murmured to myself and I took a glance at Rhianne's face. "What? Something wrong?" She asks me when she saw me staring at her. "Oh sorry. I was daydreaming." I said to her. "I'm falling in love with you Rhianne, but I have no idea how to say it." I said to myself as we continue to walk home because it's a bit late that night. Sa ilalim ng gabi kasama ko siyang naglalakad sa kalye na yon na tanging liwanag lang ay ang buwan at ang mga street lights pero aninag ko pa rin ang ganda niya doon.

-To be continued-

No comments:

Post a Comment