Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Angel Without Wings" Chapter 2: Anticipation Turns To Frustration

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.


-"The girl that I've saw before. Ang crush ko at ang naka away ko sa school kaninang umaga ay ka-roommate ko rin"
-"Hindi naman sila magkamukha ah? Ang layo kaya."




I realized that I loss my consciousness and fell on the floor. I was unconscious for about a minute and I realized that when I was looking at that girl I was already been hit by a ball on the face. I was a bit dizzy and my head hurts, and when I opened my eyes that's when I saw Her. I saw that face again, the one that attracted my attention before and She was staring at me right not. I don't know what to say first when I saw her staring at me and she was really beautiful. I just can't stand up because of the blow I receive on my face so I tried to observe around me while I'm lying down and I found out that everyone is surrounding me right now, and they are all staring at me. I'm still lying on the ground and the girl I saw was at my side checking me out if I'm okay. Then she began to speak. "Okay ka lang ba?" She said gently with a little bit of worries on her face. The angelic face of hers made my pains go away so I decided to stand on my feet again, So I slowly stand but I can only lift half of my body. When suddenly a voice of another girl had ringed through the air. "Who's that loser, Rhianne?" another voice of a girl said it while I was still down on the floor. "Hindi ko kilala, Captain. Tinamaan siya ng bola habang nagpa-practice tayo." The girl replied to their Captain. "Ugh! My head hurts! I fell a little bit dizzy I think I've been hit really hard on the head" I said only to my self while holding my head.


After the girl heard Her name, she looked back again to me "Hindi ka kasi nag-iingat eh, sa susunod tumingin-tingin ka nang hindi ka napapahamak" then her facial expression changed. I admit that I'm a bit clumsy but she's a bit being mean from what she said to me. "I'm sorry... Pero ang may pagkakamali dito yung ka-teammate niyo" My reply to her. "Hindi ka naman tatamaan kung hindi ka iresponsable" Her immediate reply. "Iresponsable? ako na nga ang tinamaan ako pa ang may pagkakamali" I said to her and I'm starting to get angry from what she is saying right now. Our argument made a commotion to the gymnasium and all of the students there are all staring at us when suddenly a random student yelled and said "Hala dumudugo ang ilong niya!" at ng ilagay ko ang aking kamay sa ilalim ng butas ng aking ilong at ng tingnan ko ito ay meron nga itong dugo. Bigla na lang ako nakaramdam ng hilo noon at nanghina ako at nawalan na pala ako ng malay doon. After that I never remembered anything. I don't know how many hours had passed and before I knew I woke up in a bed and there was something inserted inside my nostrils and I think its a small cotton.

I look around my surroundings and I think I'm inside the school's clinic. The place is so clean and neat, everything is so organized and filed. I look outside the window and I saw outside that its already sundown which is a sign that my class will about to end soon. "Oh your already awake." Suddenly I heard a voice on the other side of my bed behind the curtains. It was the school's nurse and He was staring at me right now, and then she spoke again. "How do you feel now?" The nurse asks about my condition. "My head still hurts, but I'm fine now" I replied to the nurse formally. "I'm gonna discharge you later and have a rest the moment you got home" The nurse told me. "About your nose, it's nothing to worry about it's not severe at all. It just received a strong blow on the bridge and after a week it'll be back to normal again just put some cold compress on it". She further explained. I just nodded the advice she gave to me and after some hours of rest, class had ended. I'm still on the hospital bed I think a bit more minutes and I'll be going home. 30 minutes had passed I got out of my bed and ready to head home. It's already 5:45 In the afternoon till sundown I'm walking home and I remembered that my Mother told me that I will be living in my Aunt's apartment. I went to a convenience store to buy some food for dinner and I walk again towards the direction of my Aunt's apartment, while walking I can still see some of my co-students walking along the streets of the city and they are also heading home. "Hay! Grabe ang unag araw ko. Ang dami agad nangyari sa isang araw lang" nag buntong hininga ako habang naglalakad. Napaka ganda pala ng lugar na ito, sigurado pag nagkaroon ako ng libreng oras makakapasyal ako sa mga magagandang lugar dito sa Manila city. I looked around a bit more because It's a bit early for me to get home (Silly me, I forgot about what the nurse had told me). While walking, I opened one piece of bread from my groceries so that I can enjoy more while I'm walking. I've seen so many different people from here and there, some are couples while some are a group of students, friends, or employees that are tired from the whole day work. I observed many different people and their different point of views, even if I don't even hear or understand what they are saying they're actions already speaks for itself. I look to my watch and it's 7:30 pm I need to head to Aunt's apartment now. After several minutes of walking I arrived at my Aunt's apartment at 7:50 pm. The first thing I did was head to the main door of the landlady and knocked there, after a few knocks the door opened and my Aunt is the one who opened it. "Oh Rey! Goodness it's you, come in I've been waiting for you to come." My Aunt welcomed me and after that I heard a girl yelled and said "Kuya Rey! Ikaw na pala yan" At narinig ko nga si nikki ang aking pinsan na nagtatakbo para salubungin at yakapin ako. "Kuya Rey namiss kita, tagal na nating hindi nagkita" sabi niya sakin habang nakayakap. "Honga eh, at ang laki mo na, high school ka na diba?" My reply to her. "I'm already in my 2nd year high school kuya. teka honga pala, kumain ka na ba? alam ko nagugutom ka na. layo ng biyahe mo" She said to me while pulling me on the dining table. "Medyo nagugutom na rin ako eh, kaya bumili ako ng mga lulutuin ko para sa hapunan" I replied to her. "Talaga Rey, Nikki narinig mo ang sabi ng kuya Rey mo. Magluluto siya ngayon ng masarap na hapunan" Singit ni Aunt sa usapan at habang nag aayos ng mga lumang newspapers sa may kahon. I stood up from the chair I'm sitting and went to the kitchen to cook for our dinner, after I'm done cooking I served the food and Me, Nikki and Aunt ate the food I cooked together. The dinner time had passed and we continued to talk about everything about my family and about what's happening in the apartment. "That was a very long conversation, I think I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight Kuya Rey and Mama" Nikki went to the bathroom first to prepare for bed while Aunt went to the kitchen to drink some water. "Goodnight Aunt! Thanks for letting me stay here." I said goodnight to my Aunt and thanking her for letting me stay there. "It's nothing Rey, Oh by the way. Your room is in the third floor room 313." My Aunt replied and gave me the key to my room. I went upstairs to go to my room after my Aunt gave me the key to have some rest. "Okay andito na ako sa third floor at room 313 ang kwarto ko." I said to myself as I walk to the corridor of my Aunts apartment. I remembered what happened before and that girl from school. She's still beautiful kahit na nagagalit siya kanina. At lumipad nanaman ang isip ko habang naglalakad ako. di ko namalayan na andun ako na ako sa isang pinto at di ako sigurado kung kwarto ko ba ito at dahil sa iniisip ko ulit yung babae sa school kanina. nang pinihit ko ang pinto at dahan dahan kong binuksan ito, saka ko naalala ang susi sa bulsa ko. The moment I opened the door I heard a very loud scream of a girl from the inside of the room and a debris of lotions, comb, hairspray, make up kits, etc. had flown through the air towards me. "Bastos ka!" sigaw ng babae sa loob ng kwarto at tuloy pa rin ang pagbato niya sakin ng kung ano ang mahawakan niya sa kwarto niya at mabuti na lang at nasasalag ko ito. "Teka lang, sandali magpapaliwanag ako." I explained to her while protecting myself from what she is throwing right now. The commotion made a disturbance to the apartment that made Aunt and Nikki alarmed. They hurriedly went upstairs to check the commotion that's going on to the third floor and found out its me and the girl inside the room. "Ano nangyayari dito?" My Aunt asked. "Landlady, may nakapasok ata na manyak dito sa apartment ninyo." The girl replied to my Aunt and she already stopped throwing things. "Hindi Rhianne, nagkakamali ka pamangkin ko yan si Rey." My Aunt replied to the girl inside the room whom I've mistaken mine. But wait, Rhianne? Rhianne? You mean. When I turned my eyes inside the room I saw that girl again. It's the girl from the school. "Siya pala yung lalakeng iresponsable sa school kanina, di ka ba tinuruan ng magulang mo na wag pumasok sa kwarto ng may kwarto." She said to me na medyo masungit ang mukha niya. "Hindi ko naman sinasadya eh at akala ko ay kwarto ko ang pinasukan ko." I replied with the same tone of voice of hers, kaninang umaga pa ako asar sa babae na to. Even though she is like that I still like her, She really looks amazing even outside the school. "Rey kasasabi ko lang na doon ang kwarto mo sa 313 bakit ka pumasok sa kwarto ni Rhianne?" My Auntie said to me, with a bit of an angry expression on her face. "Kuya Rey! Ikaw talaga! Wala ka pa ring pinagbago!" Dagdag bigla ni Nikki na nagalit din sa ginawa ko. "Nakalagay naman sa mga gilid ng pinto kung kaninong kwarto mga yun para hindi ka na rin maligaw." Dagdag pa ulit ni Nikki. I looked around the left side of the door and I found that It's not really my room; Room 312 - Rhianne Cruz. And I continue to look to the right and I found my room; Room 313 - Rey Evidente. "Sorry ito pala ang room ko hehehe" I laughed like an idiot back there as an excuse for the embarrassment I did before. After that I went to my room and open it and went to bed. "*Sigh* I can't believe this day, napakamalas ng araw na ito. Nakakapagod at napakaraming nangyari sa isang araw lang. The girl I've saw before. Ang crush ko at ang naka away ko sa school kaninang umaga ay ka-roommate ko rin." I said to myself and began to close my eyes to sleep because of extreme fatigue to end the day. Hindi ko na alam kung ano yung sumunod na nangyari sa labas dahil sa sobrang pagod at antok ko sa nangyari sa maghapon. Meanwhile, outsite the corridors of the appartment Nikki is still awake and knocks at Rhiannne's door. The doors opened, "Can I come in?" Nikki asks permission to Rhianne and Rhianne let Nikki come inside her room. "It's kinda late Nikki, may problema ka ba sa mga assignments mo? Matutulungan kita." Rhianne said to Nikki. Nikki always seeks help to Rhianne when it comes to doing her assignments. No wonder she's like that. "Ate sorry kung nakaistorbo ako sa iyo ng gantiong oras. May gusto lang sana ako sabihin sayo." Nikki replied to Rhianne and she's a bit awkward of what she'll gonna say. "Umm.. Don't think too negatively about Kuya Rey, Okay?" Nikki said to Rhianne that made her astonished of what Nikki said. "I know he's kind clumsy and irresponsible, but he's got some good aspects to him, too. He's nice and He's good at cooking." Nikki futher explained. "You came just to tell this?" Rhianne's reply with a confused expression of her face. "Yeah." Nikki nodded with a sad face. "You care alot for your Kuya Rey, don't you." Rhianne said to Nikki after what she said. "I can't leave him alone because He's that kind of person. I guess this is what they call maternal instinct?" Nikki further more explained and after that she smiled at Rhianne. "Hmm... I guess" Rhianne nodded and smiled back a sign that she is convinced of what Nikki said. "Thank God!" Nikki's had been cheered more from what Rhianne said. Suddenly, Nikki's eyes attracted on the something. A picture of Rhianne and some Mysterious guy. "Ate boyfriend mo ba yung katabi mo dito sa picture?" Pagtatanong ni Nikki kay Rhianne habang patuloy nitong tinitingnan ang larawan na ito. "Uhh, he's more like..." Rhianne shyly replied. "Ah, I see, someone you admired" Nikki completes Rhianne's answer. "Pero kung titingnan mo siyang mabuti magkamukhang magkamukha sila ni kuya Rey." pagkakasabi ni Nikki sa pag oobserba pa sa larawan na iyon. "Huh?!" Pagkagulat din ni Rhianne sa sinabi ni Nikki. "Ah, Don't get angry" Nikki immediately said to Rhianne so that it won't be a bit offended of what she said but Rhianne didn't mind it at all. "Well then, please don't hate kuya Rey too much." Nikki said and after that she went to Rhianne's door to leave her room to go to sleep and Rhianne was left puzzled of what Nikki said before. "Magkamukhang magkamukha sila ni kuya Rey." After that, she looked back on the picture of what Nikki was talking about and hold it on to her both hands. She looked on it very carefully and said. "Hindi naman sila magkamukha ah? Ang layo kaya." Pagkasabi niya na may halong pagkagulo sa isipan habang tinitingnan ang larawan niya at nung misteryosong lalake na kasama niya doon.

-To Be Continued-

No comments:

Post a Comment