Wednesday, May 7, 2014

"Angel Without Wings" Chapter 4: Childhood Memories; A Promised Secret

Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or  dead, is entirely coincidental.

-"You... Don't... Remember? That... Secret..."

-"
As if I have other choice! How long did you plan on making me wait? Don't cross the limit here."-"He's really nice and earnest."

-"That's right. I live close here, too. I need to work harder... And be closer to him than Rhianne."



It's a great morning today at may pasok na ulit ako, napakaganda ng gising ko dahil sa nangyari kagabi lang nang ako ang maghatid kay Rhianne pauwi ng apartment at naging mas malapit na kami sa isa't isa dahil doon. I'm done eating my breakfast and I had taken a bath all I need is to wear my school uniform and be ready to go to school. "Well, Aunt Marissa, I'll be going now!" I shouted on Aunt because I'm running down stairs and I think maririnig naman ni Aunt yung pagpapa-alam ko sa kanya sa pagpasok. "Ah, Rey di mo ba nakalimutan ang panyo mo?" Aunt shouted. "Hindi po andito po siya sa bulsa ko." I replied to her. "Button up properly!" Aunt Said. "Opo Aunt di ko po kakalimutan." Paninigurado ko sa kanya. I continue to run downstairs para makahabol kay Rhianne at Nikki para sabay-sabay kaming papasok sa school at di nga ako nabigo di pa sila nakakalayo at nakasunod na rin ako sa kanila. "Sa wakas, pasukan na ulit. This will gonna be the second start of my college life because It's not a very good start before dahil sa nangyari nung unang araw ko sa school." I said to myself while I'm running and I remembered what happened on the first day of school where I've been hit by a ball of volleyball on the face. "Kuya Rey, bilisan mo, naiiwanan na tayo ni ate Rhianne." Nikki said to me as I approach them at nagsimula na rin tumakbo si Nikki para makahabol kay Rhianne. "Ah, wait up, Rhianne!" I shouted at Rhianne para makasunod ako sa kanya. "If I step up to start a new line, I feel like something's going to change. Surely, something good is going to happen." I said to myself as I continue to run towards them. After some nifty walking along the streets we finally arrive at the school, of course It's the second day kaya marami pa ring events at ganun pa rin makikinig sa boring na speech ng school director for us freshmen. An hour had passed at natapos na din ang speech ng lahat ng mga departments at kailangan nang bumalik sa classroom. I went upstairs to look for my class room at nakita ko na rin ito.


Pagpasok ko, nakita ko agad si Rhianne at nilapitan ko na siya. "Hi Rhianne!" I greeted him happily. "Ha!? Your on the same class as mine?" Her reply to me that I think that she doesn't want to be my classmate."Yo! Rhianne, Me, too! Me, too!" Biglang singit ni Jim. "What!? Is being with me bad?" Tanong ko kay  Rhianne dahil sa inis ko sa sinabi niya. "Not really." Sabi niya sakin sabay tayo at aktong lalabas ng classroom. "lalabas muna ako, I'm going to the comfort room." She said to me as she continue to walk and leave the room. "Oo nga pala, samahan mo ako mamaya para bumili ng sports drinks para sa ka-teammates ko kasi marami yun eh." Pahabol niyang sabi sakin at lumabas na ng tuluyan. "Not really? She said? At least man lang sabihin niya na talaga na ayaw niya ako makasama sa klase sheesh." I said to myself dahil sa inis ko sa kanya. So I sat down on the arm chair and wait for someone to talk to me. A minute had passed ay wala pa rin gustong kumausap sakin. "*Sigh* I feel like I'm being alienated. Wala ba talagang gustong kumausap sakin?" I said to myself and I'm becoming upset from what happening. A minute had passed nang may marinig akong boses na nagtatanong sakin at pangalan ko ang narinig  ko.


"Ikaw si Rey Evidente, right?" The voiced asked me not from afar. Nakaupo pa rin ako ng mga oras na yun at naghihintay ng kakausap sakin at yun na nga merong kumausap sakin at nagtatanong din. "Huh?" Pagtataka ko sa tumawag sakin at paglingon ko ay ito pala si Jsimyth. "Jsimyth, ikaw pala yan." Sabi ko sa kanya. "Uhm... Oo... We... Were in the same class." Pautal-utal niyang sabi sakin at napansin ko na medyo namumula siya, may sakit kaya ito? "Eh? Y-you  are?" Tanong ko sa kanya. "Oo... Ako... Yung nakabangga mo noong nakaraan." Jsimyth replied. "Ah, oo ikaw nga yun." Sabi ko naman sa kanya. She's so cute too, lalo na pag nahihiya at namumula pisngi niya. "You... Don't... Remember? That... Secret..." Sabi niya sakin ng pautal-utal. "Oh! I haven't told you my full name." She said to me dahil sa pagkakalimot niya doon. "I am Jsimyth Mendoza." She said to me. "Hmm... Jsimyth Mendoza?" Pagtataka ko. Habang nag uusap kami ni Jsimyth sa classroom ay nakabalik na rin pala si Rhianne galing sa CR. "I don't think I told him where to meet me." She said to herself habang hinahanap niya ako sa loob ng classroom ng mapako tingin niya sa may bandang dulo at nakita niya ako na may kausap na babae. "His friend?" Rhianne asks herself. "Oh, isn't that Mendoza?" Sabi ni Jim kay Rhianne at lumapit siya sa kanya at tiningnan din ang kinaroroonan namin. "You know her, Jim?" Rhianne asks Jim. "Yeah, we were in the same high school." Sagot ni Jim and they continue to stare at us from a distance. "It is sure rare for her to start a discussion with a guy." He added. "Rey is getting hit on by a girl." He said ridiculously on Rhianne. "Aren't they just friends?" Rhianne asks Jim again. "Like Rey would know anyone here besides us!" Jim said ridiculously. "I was worried because Rey was such a late bloomer. But I'm happy for him now." He said to Rhianne. "They're probably talking about going out to school already." Jim added with a mischievous smile on his face. "So, how about the two of us go out?" Pag aaya ni Jim kay Rhianne. "Hey, you listening?" Jim asks Rhianne. Dahil sa mga nag uusap na mga estudyante sa loob ng classroom ay di na namin napansin ang pagpasok ng instructor namin. "All right, everyone, back to your seats!" Our instructor said. "T-Talk to you later then." Jsimyth said to me at nagmadali na siyang bumalik sa upuan niya. "Yeah." My reply to him. Dahil sa pagmamadali ay may nakabangga pa siya na isa sa mga classmates namin. "Excuse me!" Jsimyth said at bumalik na siya sa pagmamadali papunta sa upuan niya. "Jsimyth... Jsimyth Mendoza?" I asks myself. "Who was she? I really don't remember." I said to myself as it really puzzles me.


After a few hours, our class had ended at nag alisan na mga classmates ko. Nauna na ring umalis si Jim at di ko na rin nakita si Jsimyth, pero nagpaiwan ako dahil nakita ko na naiwan din si Rhianne. Lalapitan ko siya para mag tanong kung saan kami magkikita para masamahan ko siya. "Well, I'll just wait for Rhianne now." I said to myself at tumayo na ako sa aking upuan at lalapitan ko na siya, Now that I'm beside her where she is sitting I started to ask her where I should wait her. "Rhianne, where should I wait for you?" I asks her. Tumayo na siya sa kinauupuan niya para sabihin kung saan ko siya hihintayin pero sakto lang din ang pagdating ni Jsimyth at kakausapin din ako. "Ah, um, Rey." She said to me at napalingon ako sa kinaroroonan niya, sa likod ko. "Jsimyth." I said to her. Rhianne's facial expression had changed at habang nakaharap ako kay Jsimyth ay akmang aalis na siya. "S-Sorry could you wait a-" I said to Jsimyth. Nung nakita ko na paalis na si Rhianne ay may pahabol akong tanong sa kanya "Rhianne, about going to shopping later..." I said to her as she continues to walk away to go outside the classroom. She heard it and she turned her head to face me "It's ok. I'll go by myself so don't worry about it." She replied at nagsusungit nanaman siya na pagtataka ko dahil wala naman ako sinabi sa kanyang masama. "Wha..." Pagtataka ko sa kanya. "Sorry, I'm in a hurry." She said to me at nagpatuloy na siyang lumabas ng classroom. "Wait!" I said to her habang hinahabol ko siya. "Hey, Rhianne!" I called her para huminto siya pero instead of stopping she continues to walk out. "What's up with her? I don't get it at all!" I said to myself dahil sa inis sa ginawa niya. "Um, Rey, the person just now, was that..." Pautal utal ulit na tanong ni Jsimyth sakin na halatang nahihiya na itanong iyon sakin. Lumingon ako sa kanya dahil sa tanong niya and I replied to her smiling "Ah, she's a friend, Don't you think she's totally unreasonable?" I replied to her. She smiled when she heard that Rhianne is only my friend at yumuko siya and she blushed again. "A friend..." She said while looking down and blushing. "Putting that aside, saan nga pala kita unang nakilala bukod pa sa school? I really don't remember." I said to her. "When we were elementary school students..." She replied to me with a sad face and I think it is really important for her that memory for to never forget.


-Flashback- "I met you at our chapel. The chapel that you come to pray at so often." She said to me. "Our chapel," meaning... That shrine is where you live?" I said to him to a surprise that her parents was the owner of that chapel. "Yeah." She replied to me and she continues to tell me about our childhood past. "A long time ago, I was playing near the place your always praying at where the statue of the Saint of good luck is where at. Nasagi ko yung rebulto at natanggal ang kamay nito." She added. Jsimyth held the hand and the saint statue "W-What am I going to do? Dad's going to get mad at me." The young Jsimyth said to herself. "Ah, the statue was broken!" The younger me said. Jsimyth was startled from what I said at nabitawan niya yung rebulto pati na rin yung kamay. Jsimyth faces me with tears on her face and I stare at her while I'm   eating kariman. "You can't do that! You were playing with it, weren't you?" I said to her. "Eh? I'm sorry!" She replied to me and after that she began to cry. "At that time I thought you were going to tell Dad I broke the bell. But..." She further tells me about it. "Stop crying. I'll fix it. It's just a little crack." I said to her."It's impossible!" Her hopeless reply. "Oh, don't worry. I'll do what I can." I assured her to fix the statue myself. Kinuha ko yung natanggal na kamay at yung statue para ayusin ko, and after a few minutes I fixed it and I used some glue on it and after that it's like nothing had happened on the statue. I returned the statue to its place and stare at it kung meron pang kapansin pansin na sira ito, pero wala na sa tingin ko. "W-Wow!" She said to me with amazement. I stared at her and I gave her a smile of assurance "This is our secret, ok?" I said to her and I raised my hand and my pinky is only raised as a sign of a pinky swear. "Ok! It's our little secret." Jsimyth replied to me with a relieve on her face because the statue was fixed like as if nothing happened, and we had a pinky swear at the chapel in front of the altar of the patron saint of good luck. "It's our little secret." Jsimyth said. -End of flashback-


"Ah! I remember. That was you!" I said to her because after she told me that I remembered everything. "I'm so happy that you remember now!" She said to me while still blushing. "Kumakain ako ng kariman dun from time to time." I said to her. Bigla siyang napaupo ng onti sa may mesa ng upuan namin. "Hmm, I see..." Her reply. "The truth is I've seen Rey eat kariman several times." She said to herself. "Rey, you like kariman?" She asks me. "Not just kariman, I just like all kinds of tasty stuff." I replied to her. "Then, may alam ka na doon sa bagong bukas na tapsilogan sa may harap ng station?" She asks me. "Yeah, I do!" I said to her. "That's great!" She said to me. "Um, pede... ka bang... makasama kita... kumain... doon..." She said to me with hesitation and she's blushing again at niyayaya niya ako kumain sa labas. Napa isip ako sa sinabi ni Jsimyth dahil this is the first time that a girl asks me out for dinner. "It's ok. I'll go by myself so don't worry about it." Rhianne said to me before. "Sa tuwing naiisip ko yun naiinis ako sa kanya gagantihan ko siya hindi ko siya sasamahan bumili mamaya Grrrrrrrrrr!!!" Sabi ko sa sarili ko at di ko alam na nagiging over acting na ang galit ko at may kasama pang clenched fists ng dalawang kamay at ngitngit ng ngipin, ang hindi ko alam ay napapansin na pala ito ni Jsimyth at nahiya ako sa ginawa ko. "um huh, hahahaha!" I laughed away my embarrassment to her. On the other hand, Rhianne is at the gym practicing again, an hour passed she went to their locker room and changed. While changing her clothes her captain called her. "Rhianne, don't forget to buy some sports drink for our team." Her captain said. "Yeah captain, I won't forget." Rhianne replied. "Honga pala wala ka bang kasama? Medyo marami rami yun."Her captain asks her. "I had a friend of mine who will accompany me on that." Rhianne replied. "I hope, sana di ko na lang sinabi kay Rey yun." Rhianne said to herself. Outside of school, I am waiting for Rhianne to go out dahil sasamahan ko siya. "It's been three hours but she's not going out she's still practicing, I know she's dedicated to that but I think this is too much." I said to myself as I continue to wait for her at our school gate. Sa loob ng school naman ay may inaasikaso pa rin si Rhianne at matatagalan pa nga ito sa paglabas sa school. 4 hours had passed wala pa rin si Rhianne, its 4:30pm and she's not going out yet giniginaw na ako dito sa labas. I still continue to wait for her outside at nakaupo na ako sa may tabi ng gate. "*Sneeze*" I sneezed because of the cold temperature here outside, "I hope I don't get sick by tomorrow." I said to myself. Five hours had passed pero wala parin siya pero sana lumabas na siya dahil nagka cold na ako dito sa labas. Inside the school Rhianne is walking out of the school and towards the gate where I was waiting for her the whole day. "Nasaan na kaya si Rey? Sana di ko na lang siya sinungitan kanina and It will going to be a three way trip back and forth because captain said I should buy three boxes of it" Panghihinayang ni Rhianne dahil sa ginawa niya sakin. Nung malapit na siya sa labas may narinig siya sa may gate. "*Sneeze* It's so cold out here and I think I'm gonna be sick." I sneezed again habang hinihintay siya. Nang marinig ni Rhianne ang bahing ko medyo nagmadali siyang lumabas ng gate at ng paglabas niya ay nakita niya ako nakaupo sa gilid ng gate ng school namin at naghihintay sa kanya. "Andito ka pa rin?" Pagtataka ni Rhianne sakin. "Oh come on, nangako ako sayo na hihintayin kita para samahan ka mamili but I don't know where to meet you kaya dito na lang ako naghintay *sneeze*." I said to her at bumahing nanaman ako. "As if I have other choice! How long did you plan on making me wait? Don't cross the limit here." I said to her."R-Rey! You waited for me for five hours?!" Pagtataka ni Rhianne sakin dahil sa ginawa ko. "It won't be helped. You won't be able to carry it by yourself,right?" I told her and I bragged a bit about it. "Ha-Ha-Hachoo!" I sneezed again and again. Rhianne was just standing there and she stares at me while blushing and I don't know why. On Jsimyth's house near the chapel she is taking a bath, "Rey... Evidente, eh?" Jsimyth said to herself while bathing on the bathtub. "Sorry, Jsimyth. I already said I'd go shopping with Rhianne. It's bothersome but she'd have trouble by herself." I said to Jsimyth before I went outside of the school and wait for Rhianne. "He's really nice and earnest." Jsimyth said to herself na may kasamang pag ka kilig dahil sa ginawa ko kanina, she's smiling and blushing while thinking about it. "You're really an idiot, aren't you!? No one waits for five hours normally" She faced me with an angry expression and nagged at me again but when she faces away from me she smiles secretly. "Huh!? Who do you think I waited for!? It was freakin' cold there!" I said to her assertively dahil di man lang niya na-appreciate ang paghintay ko sa kanya ng matagal pero ang hindi ko alam ay na-appreciate niya talaga yun. "Hey, you listening, Rhianne?!" I said to her because she's not being affected of what I'm saying, and we continue to walk the streets of the city and went to a mall to buy the sports drink and went back to school at sobrang nakakapagod talaga. We placed all of the sports drink inside the volleyball team room and we went home together.


The next day, at the chapel Jsimyth is sweeping the floor sa madaling araw at nauna pa siyang bumangon kesa sa araw. The sun rised and she stops from sweeping she greeted the morning and especially me while staring at the sky. "Rey, good morning." Jsimyth said to the sky. At Aunt's house, "Hachoo! Hey you know! I got a cold because I was waiting for you!" I sneezed again because I had a cold and a fever. "Idiot? How can you call me an idiot?" I said to her habang kumakain kami ng almusal dahil naiinis nanaman ako sa pagiging inconsiderate niya. "No one told you to wait for me. Wag mo ako sisihin sa nangyari sayo." Katwiran naman niya. "What?!" I said to her. "Oh, go to sleep already, Rey. I already called the school about your illness." Aunt said. "Honga, paaano kung lumala pa yan?" Dagdag ni Nikki. "*Cough*" I coughed. Tumayo na si Rhianne dahil tapos na siyang kumain. "I'm going to school, too! It would be a big problem if I got sick before the meet." Pataray niyang sabi. "Hey, Wait! *Cough*" May sasabihin sana ako pero di ko na natuloy dahil inubo ako. "Just take your medicine already, Rey." Aunt said. "Yeah, you're going to die, Kuya." Nikki added. At sabay sabay na nga silang umalis ng bahay at naiwan akong mag isa na ubo ng ubo. Bago umalis si Rhianne ay sinulyapan niya ako na may onting concern sa kanyang mukha at pagkatapos nun ay umalis na siya. I head back to my room and take a rest. At the school, the class had already started and our instructor is taking up our attendance. "So, No. 12 Rey is absent due to a cold. Ferrer!" Our instructor said. "Here." Our classmate said. "Garcia." Our instructor said. "Here." Our other classmate said. "Rey caught a cold. I wonder if he is all right." Jsimyth said to herself and she is worried of my condition. "That idiot, it's the beginning of the semester. Who the hell catches a cold in June?" Jim said ridiculously. Rhianne heard what Jim said but she didn't reacted at all but her face gives a sign of guilt. After some hours, the class had ended and Rhianne headed quickly to the gym to have some practice. At the gym Rhianne is fixing the net they will use when they play volleyball. "Rhianne!" Her captain called. Napalingon si Rhianne kung nasaan ang senior niya. "Sorry about yesterday. I didn't know the other girl took the day off. It must've been heavy... A whole three pack." She added. "Not Really. I got another friend to help me out." Rhianne replied. "Really? If so, that's fine." Her captain said. "But I've could've carried it myself, too." Rhianne said after she remembered yung paghihintay ko sa kanya. "Is that so?" Her captain said. Back to the apartment on my room, I'm still lying on my bed and I'm still sick. "*Cough*" I'm still coughing on my bed. I'm all alone with my cat Tabby. I found tabby on the streets when he was a kitten and he looks so weak and sick back then but look at him now he'd grown big and fat. "*Meow*" Tabby said. The time is 3:30pm and It's been so long since they've gone out of the apartment. "I feel like it's getting worse and worse." I said to myself sickly. "Sorry, Rey. I have something to do until tonight. Nikki is going to be back around five, ok?" Habilin sakin ni Aunt kanina. "I doubt Aunt Marissa and Nikki would be coming today." I said to myself hopelessly dahil na rin sa panghihina at gutom. "I might die, Tabby." I said to my pet cat. "*Meow*" Tabby said to me while slacking on the floor. "Rhianne is not one that comes to mind for visiting me." I said to myself dahil alam ko di niya ako bibisitahin dahil sa mga sinabi niya at pagtataray niya kanina when suddenly I heard my doorbell rang. "I-It can't be! Rhianne?" I said to myself it biglang bangon ko dahil sa galak dahil sa wakas ang inaasam asam ko na pagbisita sakin ni Rhianne ay mangyayari na ngayon. Bumangon ako para buksan ang pinto pero bigla na lang bumukas ang pintuan at ng nabuksan ito hindi si Rhianne ang nakita ko kundi si Jim. "Hellooooo!" Jim said happily. "Ugh..." Habang naglalakad ako ay nanghina ako sa nakita ko at dahan dahan bumagsak ang katawan ko sa sahig. "H-Hello..." I said to him at nanghihina talaga ako. "I can't hear you!" Jim said. "One more time, Hellooooo!" Jim said ridiculously. "Go away. You'll make me even more tired." I said to him weakly to make him go out of my room para makapag pahinga ako ng maayos dahil sa tingin ko ay di ako makakapag pahinga pag nandito siya. "You sure? I brought a chick along." Jim said to me at sino naman kaya yung babae na yun. Jim moved away from the door entrance at nakita ko yung babaeng kasama niya, si Jsimyth. "J... Jsimyth?" Pautal kong sabi dahil sa panghihina. Pinatuloy ko na rin si Jim dahil kasama niya si Jsimyth at nakakahiya na rin dahil nandoon siya nung inasal ko ang mga bagay na yun. "Kanina pa niya ako kinukulit para makasama siya papunta dito sa apartment sa kwarto mo para makita ka." Jim explained to me. "I didn't say that I was desperate!" Jsimyth replied to Jim. "That's fine, that's fine. It seems like I'm a third wheel here so I'll go buy some juice." Habang papalabas na siya, hay salamat aalis na siya. bago siya lumabas ng kwarto ko ay huminto muna siya sa pintuan. "Push yourself onto him in the meantime." Jim said ridiculously. "Geez!" Jsimyth said and she blushes again dahil sa sinabi ni Jim. "Ugh..." I said dahil nanghihina na ako sa sakit ko at gutom na gutom na rin ako. Jsimyth faced me when he heard me. "Ah, Rey. Are you alright? Sorry for coming over at a time like this." She said to me as she hurries to take off her shoes to tend to me. "It's ok, I'm fine." I said to her. She helped to get up and put me back to bed para makapag pahinga na ako. "So this is Rey's room." Jsimyth said as she continues to observe my room. "Ah, you have a cat. Ang cute cute niya." She said delightfully nung nakita niya si tabby dahil sa katabaan nito. "Pasensya ka na kung magulo ang kwarto ko." I apologized to her. "N-No it's fine." She said to me. "But you sure are kind." I said to her habang nakaratay na ako ulit sa aking kama at inubo nanaman ako ulit. "Not like Rhianne, she lives right next door but wouldn't even visit me." I said to her. "Eh?! Rhianne lives in this apartment. too?" Jsimyth was startled from what I've said. "Huh? I never mentioned it? My Aunt owns this place." I said to her. "Ganun ba." Sabi niya na may halong pagkabahala na hindi ko alam. "So that's why they're so close." Jsimyth said to herself while she's sitting beside my bed. "Ah, umm... Rey, are you hungry?" Jsimyth asks me. "Not really. I don't have an appetite right now." I said to her, pero sa totoo lang gutom na gutom na talaga ako pero nahihiya ako na magpaluto sa kanya ng pagkain. "No, you should eat properly, especially when your sick." Jsimyth said to me and she's worried. "I'll make you something." She volunteered to cook for me at tumayo na siya. "R-Really?" I said to her. "Yeah, leave everything to me. I'll make something delicious for you." She assured me. "But I don't have any ingredients here." I said to her. "Don't worry, I live close to here, so I'll go get them from here." She said to me and after that she walk away towards the door of my room to go and get them. "That's right. I live close here, too. I need to work harder... And be closer to him than Rhianne." Jsimyth said to herself as she twists the knob of my door. The moment Jsimyth opens my door, nagkataon na nandoon si Rhianne sa labas ng kanyang pintuan ng kanyang kwarto at papaalis na doon nakita niya si Jsimyth at nagkatinginan sila for a split second. "Ah, Cruz..." Jsiymth said to break their silence. "Is she here to visit Rey?" She speaks to her mind. "Ah, umm, you came, Mendoza?" Rhianne said to Jsimyth. "Yes, I thought I'd make something for Rey." Jsimyth replied. "I see." Rhianne said and she smiles at Jsimyth. "Then tell him to take care of himself for me." Rhianne reminded her. Rhianne begans to walk away that puzzles Jsimyth. "Eh? Ah, Rhianne, Di mo ba siya bibisitahin para kumustahin lang?" Tanong niya kay Rhianne sa pagtataka. "Hindi mabuti sakin ang magkasakit, kaya pass muna ako sa pagdalaw sa kanya." Katwiran niya. "I see." Jsimyth said and Rhianne continues to walk away and go downstairs to go back to school for practice. "Maybe they're not friendly with each other..." Jsimyth said to herself. "*Cough*" I coughed again and Jsimyth heard it. "Ay, Hindi ito ang oras para sa ganung mga bagay! Kailangan ko ng magmadali para maipagluto ko na si Rey ng makakain." She rushes to go back to her house para makakuha ng sangkap at para lutuan ako ng makakain. The night came at nakapagluto na siya and guess what hindi ako nakakain dahil... "Grabe that was delicious!" Jim said. "Thanks for the meal!" Myra said. Habang wala si Jsimyth ay biglang dumating ang dalawa para bisitahin ako o guluhin ako. "Eh, what..." Jsimyth said dahil sa panghihinayang dahil walang natirang pagkain para sa akin at ako ay nakahiga pa rin sa aking kama. "You're pretty good at cooking, Jsimyth." Myra said dahil nabusog talaga siya sa niluto ni Jsimyth. "Yeah, specially the soup." Jim added. "Jsimyth, how about my portion?" I asks her dahil nagugutom na talaga ako simula pa kanina. "Sorry, there's none left." She said to me sadly. "Don't worry about it. Rey. You won't die just because you didn't eat." Jim said ridiculously. "That's right." Myra added. "Ano ba kasi ginagawa niyo ditong dalawa?!" Inis kong sabi sa kanila. "My fever is getting worse..." Sabi ko dahil nahihilo na ako sa gutom. "Don't worry, Rey. I'll get rid of that cold of yours with one shot." Myra assured me and she began to open her bag and searches for something inside. "Eto, Here's your shot!" Myra said pagkakuha niya nung hinahanap niya at tumayo na siya. Ang kinuha niya pala ay isang malaking injection. Myra is a medicine graduate and she's working as a doctor in a hospital pero hindi halata sa kilos at galaw niya. "Woah!?" I said because I was startled of the size of the injection. Myra starts to approach me at sinubukan niyang turukan ako sa braso pero nakailag ako.


"Wah!" Jsimyth said dahil sa pagkagulat. "Hahaha!" Jim laughs loudly when he saw me avoiding the syringe. "W-What the heck?! I'm not interested in those!" I said to myra. "Ok then..." Myra said at tinabi na niya ang injection na hawak niya at kumuha nanaman sa bag niya but this time its a stethoscope. Pagkakuha niya nun ay hinarap niya ulit ako. "Now, strip time!" Myra said to me at sinugod na niya ako para tanggalin ang damit ko. "What are you doing!?" Sabi ko sa kanya kahit may sakit ako ay nagagawa ko pa ring pumiglas. "Shut up! Hold his legs, Jim!" Myra said dahil di niya ako mahawakan ng mabuti. "Yes ma'am!" Jim said at sumampa na rin siya sa kama at hinawakan ang mga paa ko. "STOP IT!" Sigaw ko sa kanila dahil sa ginagawa nila. Meanwhile at Aunt's kitchen Rhianne Nikki and Aunt are eating their dinner when they heard my scream. "It sure is noisy up there." Aunt said. "Kuya Jim and ate Jsimyth came to visit him. And ate Myra too..." Nikki said. "I wonder what Rey is going to do for dinner." Pag aalala ni Aunt pero hindi niya alam ang nangyayari sakin ngayon sa loob ng kwarto ko. "He's fine, isn't he?" Rhianne said. "Jsimyth said she'd make something to eat for him." Pagtataray ni Rhianne. "Then I guess I can clean up his portion." Aunt said dahil sa sinabi ni Rhianne. Si tabby naman ay inaabot yung portion ko na niluto ni Aunt pero di niya maabot pero nakita siya ni Aunt at pinagsabihan siya. "Ah, Tabby!" Aunt said to tabby at huminto ito sa ginagawa niyang pag abot sa pagkain ko. "Ah, Tabby said he'll eat it, Mom." Nikki said. "*Meow!*" Tabby said to Aunt. 9:00pm, wala na silang lahat pati na rin Jsimyth ay umalis na rin dahil maaga pa ang pasok niya bukas. Mag-isa na lang ako sa kwarto ko at gutom na gutom. "*Cough* Everyone is finally gone..." I said to myself at biglang nagreklamo ang tiyan ko. "But I'm starving." I said to myself because I'm very hungry. "In the end, that Rhianne didn't really came to visit me." I said to myself. In Rhianne's room, Rhianne was reading a book and she remembered what I've said to her this morning. "I got a cold because I was waiting for you!". "Hmph, none of my business." Pagtataray niya. Napako ang tingin niya sa isang kahon at tiningnan niya ito. Nilapitan niya ito at binuhat papunta sa kanyang mesa. She took off the box and an oven has been inside the box. "I guess I'll try using this." Rhianne said to herself. "Kainis! Nagugutom na ako! At pagod pa ako! Rhianne, you ungrateful woman!" I said to myself at nagsisisgaw na ako sa loob ng kwarto ko. Bigla na lang bumukas ang aking pintuan at nakalimutan ko palang i-lock ito. bumangon ako sa aking kama at tiningnan kung sino ito. "You guys are here again?!" I said to the mysterious person who opened my door. Hindi pala sila Jim ang pumasok kundi si Rhianne nagulat ako dahil dinalaw niya ako. "R-Rhianne..." I said to her. "The door wasn't locked, you know." Rhianne said at may dala dala siyang pagkain at nagulat ako dahil may concern din pala siya sakin. "It's not my business if you catch my cold." I reminded her. "Right... If that happens, ikaw ang magbabayad ng gamot ko." She answers. "Here." At nilapag niya ang dala dala niyang pagkain. "What's that?" I asked her. "I had some time on my hands, so I made these. But your stomach is probbaly full by Jsimyth's dishes." She said to me. "Really?! Your a lifesaver!" I said to her. "Huh?" Pagtataka ni Rhianne and she blushes again. "Wow! I was getting pretty hungry! Thank you, Rhianne." I thanked Rhianne for giving me those. "W-What? You could've said that earlier." Rhianne said to me. Inabot ko yung baso at tinanong ko kung ano iyon. "Ano ito?" I asks her. "Honey and lemon juice..." She answers. After what she said ininom ko na ito ng dahan dahan dahil mainit init pa ito. "...without honey." She added at nagulat ako dahil sa asim ng lasa. "It's so sour!" I said to her dahil sa lasa ng lemon juice lang pala iyon. "I didn't have any honey..." She said to me. "It's just lemon juice then." I said to her at pinagpatuloy ko ang pag lagok dito. "Sorry. You don't have to finish it all." She apologizes at pinipigilan niya ako na ubusin iyon. "No way, I'm starving like crazy right now. I'm finishing all of it." I said to her at gutom na gutom na nga talaga ako. "And I'm the only one who can drink as sour as this!" I added and I continue to drink the pure lemon juice she made. "Rey." Rhianne said and she was worried na baka mapano ang tiyan ko. "Maybe getting sick was a good thing." I said to myself as I continue to drink. Naubos ko na lahat iyon after a minute. "Sour..." I said to her. "But the boiled eggs should be fine, I think." I said to her and I grab one of the boiled eggs. "Of course, I just put it in the microwave." She answered. I peeled the boiled egg and when I started to take a bite the egg exploded on my face at nagulat ako dun at natumba ako sa kinauupuan ko. "Oh my god, what the..." pagkagulat at pagtataka ni Rhianne. "Don't use the microwave for everything!" Sinigawan ko siya sa galit dahil sa ginawa niya. "E-Eh? You're not supposed to?" She said to me at nagtataka siya. "You can't tell by just looking at me?!" I said to her and the night had ended na hindi pa rin ako nakakakain dahil sa boiled eggs or egg bombs na ginawa niya.

-To be continued-

*Author's Note*
Don't try putting eggs on your microwave because it will explode. It's not true that when you open the egg it will explode, I just did that so that to make a little bit of comedy on the story.


Thanks to my instructor Mr. Claudio V. Tabotabo. More power to you Sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment